Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
Great job!! Looks factory.

just curious, did you follow another member here "dickiedeals" who put a Utopia in a Mustang? I was going to attempt the job myself also, but got a good deal on a Corbin and went that way.
I did use his thread but made some changes. I did not have to cut down the backrest pad on the BBP backrest. I moved the opening in the seat forward 3/4" and I purchased a piece of flat stock for extending the top bar 1".

This is from his Tread:

Mustang Seat, Utopia Rider Backrest Conversion

Because Many have asked while I was down with Rotor Cuff Surgery I'm sharing this info for those brave soles that feel they can do it. You are on your own, Continue at your own risk....Check your measurements...

The Utopia upright mount must be made 5/8”s longer. Its overall length should measure 4 5/8”s when complete The 5/8” can be cut off of the curved bottom bracket and welded to the upright,Cut the tongue with the two threaded holes in it off the Upright bracket,weld the 5/8" piece on the bottom of the upright, then weld the tongue back as it was. The rest of the utopia directions are the same except the cut in the seat must be 17 5/8” from the rear most point of the seat. Be sure and paint it so it doesn't rust.This is for the fixed bracket that comes stock with the Utopia. If using the removable back rest bracket I’m pretty sure it must also be made 5/8” longer. I was going to do the conversion again taking photos as I went but didn't have time before surgery. As for the Back rest reconstruction, I’ll cover that at a later date............Dickie