Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
The member that did the Utopia backrest mod used the 17 5/8" measurement (I used his post to do my install and had to make some changes). I can see how it could be confusing if you did not read this entire post. I may edit that from my post.
I'm the reshaped Utopia Guy...I have not been on in awhile due to health issues and life.
I'm Dickie, I put the Utopia on my Mustang Seat. I'm glad one of you pulled my measurements from somewhere because I'd forgotten them..Its fairly easy to figure out without the numbers as I did the first time.A little unnerving poking a knife through you're expensive Mustang Seat...The biggest expense was getting a new cover made for the reshaped back rest..I was going to create a reshaped back rest kit with all the brackets and covered pad so I could share a direct bolt on kit for interested members. The local upholstery guy charged me $80 bucks and told me it was a major pain in the A to do that he wasn't interested in doing anymore..That put the kabash on my refitted Utopia back rest kits for the Mustang seat. I even got Utopia's and Mustangs permission .. Even talked with Mustang about making a back rest for the seat and was told the seat didn't need a back rest,there would be no market for it...Considering the cost of the Utopia Back rest plus the $80.00 recover it's relatively costly. Worth it to me for no more back ache..........Shortly after I got sick and that was that... Heart problems, Prostate issues, Diabetic nerve issues and then Skin Cancer..Surgeries,treatments.etc. I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.....Dickie