Installed the Bike Big Parts Backrest on my Mustang Seat

Thread: Installed the Bike Big Parts Backrest on my Mustang Seat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Installed the Bike Big Parts Backrest on my Mustang Seat

Here are a few pictures of the BBP backrest on my Mustang seat. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I will post a thread on the install as soon as I find time.

Nice.

No pressure, but, Please do the install instructions asap!! I'm sure there are many of us here that have Mustang seats and have been waiting for this most needed modification.

Great job!! Looks factory.

just curious, did you follow another member here "dickiedeals" who put a Utopia in a Mustang? I was going to attempt the job myself also, but got a good deal on a Corbin and went that way.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Nicely done, looks factory!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Great job!! Looks factory.

just curious, did you follow another member here "dickiedeals" who put a Utopia in a Mustang? I was going to attempt the job myself also, but got a good deal on a Corbin and went that way.
    I did use his thread but made some changes. I did not have to cut down the backrest pad on the BBP backrest. I moved the opening in the seat forward 3/4" and I purchased a piece of flat stock for extending the top bar 1".

This is from his Tread:

Mustang Seat, Utopia Rider Backrest Conversion

Because Many have asked while I was down with Rotor Cuff Surgery I'm sharing this info for those brave soles that feel they can do it. You are on your own, Continue at your own risk....Check your measurements...

The Utopia upright mount must be made 5/8”s longer. Its overall length should measure 4 5/8”s when complete The 5/8” can be cut off of the curved bottom bracket and welded to the upright,Cut the tongue with the two threaded holes in it off the Upright bracket,weld the 5/8" piece on the bottom of the upright, then weld the tongue back as it was. The rest of the utopia directions are the same except the cut in the seat must be 17 5/8” from the rear most point of the seat. Be sure and paint it so it doesn't rust.This is for the fixed bracket that comes stock with the Utopia. If using the removable back rest bracket I’m pretty sure it must also be made 5/8” longer. I was going to do the conversion again taking photos as I went but didn't have time before surgery. As for the Back rest reconstruction, I’ll cover that at a later date............Dickie

Nice!

I don't mind cutting my way thru a stock seat, but I don't know if I'd have the nerve to cut into that pretty Mustang seat

I would only change one thing, and this is just a personal preference...and that would be to install the Ultimate seat passenger backrest riser. Even if you don't ride with a passenger, I think it would just give it a more balanced look...its the only reason I did it to mine.

If interested, you can scroll down this link and get an idea of how it looks.
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...nd-Accessories

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Kdarmy View Post
    Nice!

I don't mind cutting my way thru a stock seat, but I don't know if I'd have the nerve to cut into that pretty Mustang seat

I would only change one thing, and this is just a personal preference...and that would be to install the Ultimate seat passenger backrest riser. Even if you don't ride with a passenger, I think it would just give it a more balanced look...its the only reason I did it to mine.

If interested, you can scroll down this link and get an idea of how it looks.
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...nd-Accessories

Keith
    That does look good. Thanks for the info.

Cool seat

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    Here are a few pictures of the BBP backrest on my Mustang seat. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I will post a thread on the install as soon as I find time.
    Looking good Mac

Quote Originally Posted by hal47 View Post
    Looking good Mac
    See you two Friday. Talked to Steve last night , he said y'all were leaving tomorrow. I took Friday off, but that's a day late to ride down with y'all. Be safe.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"