Should I Buy a New F6B or a Used One? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I Buy a New F6B or a Used One?

I bought a used '14 with 13k miles for $12.5k. I've put 4K miles on it without issue. It's really hard to buy a Goldwing lemon, IMO.

You could probably pay a mechanic couple of $100 to check it over. You'll still come out way ahead, if money matters to you.

Honda is one brand of motorcycle I would have no issues buying used. The technology may not be state of the art but, mechanically, they are superior.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Used F6B

I just bought a 2015 F6B Deluxe with 1,600 miles for $12,000.00 with 2 years warranty left on it. Alot cheaper than $$17,000.00.

What is the price differential. You said the used one had less than 2k on it? I doubt it was treated poorly at all, especially if it was kept in a garage. I bought mine used with 5800 miles, but he had already put a lot of the extras I would have put on. You can get a -------- for 850 USD, or so. You can have it put on, or do it yourself. But yes, I do love having a cruise controlled bike. I would go used if the price difference made it worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

With the depreciation of Motorcycles I would look at a used with low mileage and transferable warranty. If you can let someone else take the $4k hit for a year old bike then you are a head in the game. Even if you don't end up liking the bike you won't loose that much.

All motorcycles are used after 1 mile!

It has to do with the way they are treated. I have only bought 3 new bikes in my life, but all were Hondas. The reason was a super price on a new bike and yes, the F6B was one of them.

HOWEVER, I don't hesitate to buy a used bike from an individual, but I want to know something about the bike and who I am buying it from. Most of the B owners here are not 18 year old punks with orange hair. I would NOT buy a Busa from that 18 year old with orange hair, but I would like to hear just one guy who says he would not buy a used bike say that his F6B has been abused and would be a bad deal. So the type of bike also has something to do with it.

That being said, it depends more on who has owned it than if it has been owned before.

In other words, a 2 year old F6B being owned by a 60 year old geezer with 15K on the clock is a better bet than a 1 year old F6B with 3K that was used as a demo bike. Which do you think has been treated better????

Still, it is hard to kill a Honda--no matter how hard you try.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    ... it depends more on who has owned it than if it has been owned before.
    Never a better truth spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    In other words, a 2 year old F6B being owned by a 60 year old geezer with 15K on the clock is a better bet than a 1 year old F6B with 3K that was used as a demo bike. Which do you think has been treated better????.
    I've ridden with some 60 plus geezers that thrash the hell out of their bikes.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I've ridden with some 60 plus geezers that thrash the hell out of their bikes.

Are you talking about you?????? I'll try to remember that when your bike comes up for sale.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jim62463 View Post
    I just bought a 2015 F6B Deluxe with 1,600 miles for $12,000.00 with 2 years warranty left on it. Alot cheaper than $$17,000.00.
    Score!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]