Should I Buy a New F6B or a Used One? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Should I Buy a New F6B or a Used One?

If you are emailing the person selling, include a link to a dealer price for one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    I'm watching the market pretty closely... all over the U.S.....Many brand new bikes out there at dealerships down to $13,499 (2015) and $16k-17k (2016). There are still people trying to get out from under some basically brand new bikes (less than 1500 miles) and are still asking $18,500... it's just not going to happen. .... I mean, I don't want to be labeled a low-baller... but really.
    Yes, but really. If any seller doesn't want to accept a fair market offer (especially in cash) the seller is not serious about selling the bike......or, unfortunately the seller's too emotionally attached to the price he wants and not accepting reality that the depreciation on these bikes is rapidly plummeting.

The dealer who has a 2015 B for 13.5 now will probably be 12.5 K in February. Dealers are going to be monstrously discounting these bikes December, January, and February.

Btw, that means a private party used 13 could be down to 9K.....or even less.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

Quote Originally Posted by JBM Golf View Post
    From the top of the faring to the top of the windshield it's 15.5 inches.
    Thanks. Use a 14 inch this summer and it's just a little too short. probably go with a 16 inch next summer.....which should still allow some wind in my face.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by adventurous1 View Post
    Yes, but really. When people show any serious seller what the going market is for new and used.....and that you'll pay a comparable price, if that seller doesn't want to take your offer it just goes to show you he's not really serious about selling his bike......or, he's too emotionally attached to the price and not accepting reality that the depreciation on these bikes is rapidly plummeting.

The dealer who has a 2015 B for 13.5 now will probably be 12.5 K in February. Dealers are going to be monstrously discounting these bikes December, January, and February.

Btw, that means a private party used 13 could be down to 9K.....or even less.
    Yes, agreed.
    Per the seller I'm referring to, "Injury forces sale," I just don't want to add insult to injury.
    I know what it's like to be on the backside of HUGE medical bills.

For a while I made a few bucks flipping bikes--just 2 or 3 per year. One thing I have learned is that deals happen when you are standing in front of somebody with a stack of hundred bills.

To quote Richard Rollings, "I can buy cars that are worth $10,000 for $5,000 all day if you have cash". Same applies to motorcycles if the seller is serious. I would tell them up front that I am buying for resale and if I can't make a profit, then I can't buy it. I have yet to be turned down.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by NAHD View Post
    Test rode a 14 Valkyrie with 1300 miles. Price was 11. 5K. Love that kind of depreciation. May have to get it to go along with the B.
    $11.5 is too much from prices I've seen them go for. I'd be offering 10.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    $11.5 is too much from prices I've seen them go for. I'd be offering 10.
    I have seen a brand new 14 Valk for 9999.

new or used

Man, guys deprEssington seeing what our bikes value has become.Just had nice spirited ride tonight and so glad I really like this motorcycle.I bought to keep an that continues..The big story always harley resale yet I wonder ,especially the last 10 years with the flooded market of them.be safe an no not ready to winterize yet these things just to rideable..

Late fall / winter is never a good time to sell a bike w/ a desire to receive top dollar. An asset is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Yes, no one wants to pour salt in a wound; however, the B's a depreciating asset - and the longer he waits w/ prices of new dropping, he may never get even a decent offer again. At least you're giving him some $$$$ he may desperately need.

The B's were overpriced to begin with. Should have been 17K max. Purchased my B used for 11K cash w/ 4K miles on it. Picked it up being pretty sure Honda would not continue this model, but wanted it for long distance touring purposes - and riding w/ a lady friend - and it's been phenomenal. Plan on keeping it for quite some time - the bike, NOT THE LADY FRIEND. lol

Have my customer Roadliner for around town, and I'll probably be getting rid of the liner for a Indian classic or a thunder mountain custom.

NEW vs Used

There's several nice used bikes ob this site & on cycletrader, plenty in FL. and over your way. Dealers are going to stick it to you for dealer fees. I'm closing on a used 13 with lots of goodies on Monday. Saving about 8k & getting lots of goodies already on it.