Should I Buy a New F6B or a Used One?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I Buy a New F6B or a Used One?

Should I Buy a New F6B or a Used One?

I would like input from some F6B owners. I am going to buy a F6B. I can buy a 2016 F6B Deluxe for $17000 plus tax and tag. I also found a 2014 Deluxe with 1300 miles, extended warranty, fog light, highway pegs and smoke turn signals. From what I have found out the only difference in the two bikes is cruise control and flat paint.

Which way would you go?

Quote Originally Posted by JBM Golf View Post
    I would like input from some F6B owners. I am going to buy a F6B. I can buy a 2016 F6B Deluxe for $17000 plus tax and tag. I also found a 2014 Deluxe with 1300 miles, extended warranty, fog light, highway pegs and smoke turn signals. From what I have found out the only difference in the two bikes is cruise control and flat paint.

Which way would you go?

Personally, I will never buy a used bike. You just don't know how it was treated.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

New

With the bargains out there on new ones, I'd sure get a new one. Having said that, a transferrable warranty does minimize the risk on a used one.

I've bought several used. With as few miles on the 13 it would be very difficult to have any problems. I bought my 14 used a few months ago with 1900 miles and no problems. good luck & either way you will get a great bike, but again I wouldn't worry about buying the used one.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Personally, I will never buy a used bike. You just don't know how it was treated.
    That's how I feel too. On the flip side, I couldn't understand someone not wanting to buy mine since it gets the best of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by JBM Golf View Post

Which way would you go?
    If it were me i would get the deluxe for 17k, good price plus cruise control.

I went on a 7000 mile ride on my '04 Goldwing with friends. Most of us had cruise control and one guy had a throttle lock on his 2013 F6B. I nick named him Yo-Yo. He was constantly having to speed up or slow down to stay with the group. Quite annoying if he was out in front requiring me to constantly adjust my cruising speed. When I got home, I was in the market for the F6B, but it had to be 2015 or newer. No way I'm dealing with a throttle lock on those longer rides. Some guys don't want "sloppy seconds"...but if the bike has low mileage and warranty, the savings is worth the risk in my opinion. I felt like I scored on my 2015 Deluxe for $14K. The seller purchased it new in April 2016, put 2600 miles on it, added a bunch of cool stuff, and needed to sell 5 months later for whatever reason. It was pristine and under warranty. No regrets. The deals (new or used) are out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I picked my 2013 off the previous owner with 15,000 km's, all of the right accessories and the windshield I wanted, and an extended warranty....it's now got 25,000 km's, and still runs like it's brand new. Couldn't be happier.

Good luck with your choice!!

I have only purchased one used bike way back in 1974..A Honda 450 twin...Low miles and turned out to be okay....As far as used F6B's go I would not hesitate to buy a low mileage used one as most owners of this bike will most likely take decent care of it...Very little goes wrong with this machine and used ones, as well as older model new ones are going for " give away prices" and seem to be readily available for sale....Good luck and ride safe...

NEVER NEVER NEVER purchase a 'new' vehicle - unless you can afford the cost of depreciation as soon as you drive it off the lot. And NEVER purchase a new anything (except a house) with 'credit'. Credit is a fools game. If you cannot afford a bike - when I say afford, I mean pay cash, then you cannot afford the bike.

Most cars - aside from some Jeep products - lose 40 to 50 % of the value in a few short years. Unless you don't work hard for your $$$$, shop wisely.

Picked up a used '06 roadliner for 6K, and have put 45K more miles on it over the last 4 yrs. From Southern Cal to Banff - and all around the western side of the rockies - and NOT one thing has gone wrong. NOTHING. 8 months of the year I use it for commuting to work (Southern Cal weather). Looking to trade it in for a used '16 Indian classic come next Jan / Feb when someone needs to sell a bike. And, there is ALWAYS SOMEONE who's desperately need of cash and will sell their bike. Just have patience.

Last March, I picked up my '13 B for 11K cash. Had 4K miles and warranty until Nov 2017. Flew into AZ, gave the guy cash, and rode it home. Perfect 80 degree day riding thru the desert. Put about 12K miles on it this summer all around the western states, and 1 trip across the county. AND, when I purchased the B, the guy left both the title and receipt BLANK- as per my condition of purchasing the bike. So when I registered it in California, I put 5K down as the purchase price. Saved another $ 600 in sales tax. lol

6 yrs ago, I flew into Vegas to look at a Jeep Wrangler. (3 Jeeps in my life - must like those things). Guy was about to fly back east for a job transfer - had to sell his Jeep by the end of the week. Had seen it for sell in auto trader for a month. The guy couldn't sell it at 18K. I offered him 15K cash. He looked at me like I was joking. But guess what - yup, he took the cash deal. Again, left the title and receipt BLANK. I've put 60K plus more miles on it. Brakes, tires, oil - THAT'S IT!! Oh, when I registered it California - yup, wrote 6K down as the purchase price. Saved about 1K in sales tax.

Always pay cash. Saves you LOTS of $$$$. In late 2017 or 2018 I'll probably purchase a perfect shape used GT convertable Mustang. It'll be 3 or 4 years old - in perfect shape - and HALF the price of new. lol lol
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne