Quote Originally Posted by BARRYS770 View Post
At one point, you mentioned that you might have surgery in order to get the ear drums repaired. If you don't mind me asking, what's the prognosis for this procedure and will it improve you balance issues? Also, were any of the bones damaged in the inner ear? Again, I hopr that your recovery will allow you to continue to ride. 2,314,159 "miles" would be a nice achievement.

Barry
Barry, the prognosis is that the doctor wants to wait...urrrrggggg...for one to three months, to see if the tympanic membrane wil grow back on its' own. He is doubtful, given the size of the perforations, but this is something that must be done, so that we try every solution, before doing the surgery. The CT scan showed that NO inner bones were harmed in the filming of this lightning strike.

At this point, it is 50 % frustration, and 50 % lack of balance...drunken sailor affect. I am doing all that I can to assist in the process, and simply have to wait.

Terri, I am acutely aware of the COLD air, and am looking for a comfortable pair of ear muffs to wear. They will serve several purposes, and I can keep a layer of guaze inside each ear cup, to protect the ear from debris.