Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
There is a simple Plexy glass shield that is placed between the engine and passengers .... Eliminates heat problem instantly
Yes, your head is in front of the engine, naturally it is loud. Most owners have a bag of ear plugs in the saddlebag for themselves and passengers. Riding behind a loud Harley might be worse.
If you are over 6 feet tall and both you and your passenger are over 220 lbs, it is very tight quarters.
Performance, depends on the year of the T-Rex and driver. I have out run the 1400's with the 1200's and can break lose the rear tire from a stand still every time.

All in all a fun vehicle.
Someone one the Internet described it as a grown man's "go-cart". And we all know that go carts are fun.

I am amazed at the amount of aftermarket stuff that is available for the Slingshot. You can seriously sink a lot more money into this thing after the fact. Turbo kits, the aforementioned Corbin bags, sweet sounding aftermarket exhaust systems, seating compartment enclosures, etc, etc...

I had wanted to get down to Falls Church yesterday (Coleman Powersports) to test drive one...but couldn't get away due to a family obligation.