I own a 2013 deluxe f6b and a 2012 Ultra Classic Limited. The F6B is my solo bike, trip bike etc. The Harley is nice, my wife likes the high back seat and that it's a Harley, but personally, I strongly prefer the F6B. The smoothness, the power, the low center of gravity, pretty much everything about it. The Harley has very limited power, is heavy, but it looks and sounds nice. I am much more confident on the highway on the F6B. Also, I actually prefer the foot/leg position on the F6B, as the Harley has my legs too far forward. I am 6'3" and on the Harley I feel more bunched up. The F6B is spacious and open, and I don't feel boxed in. Of course, the Harley is a Harley, and most other people have strong feelings about Harleys, so there is that aspect. As mentioned, my wife prefers the Harley, but some of that is for the branding (I think).

I've explained to friends that when I ride the Harley, probably 60-70% of my attention (aside from the watching the road) is on the bike, i.e. on the sound, the feel, how it looks, should I upgrade the pipes and radio, what if I had higher bars, etc. When I ride the F6B, it is almost boring by contrast, but I don't think about the bike. I'm too busy enjoying the ride! The bike performs so well, is so easy to ride, is so comfortable, is so smooth and quiet, I don't think about all the things it needs (as I don't feel it does nee anything), I just enjoy the ride. The bike is just pleasurable to ride, period.

I must qualify this to say that while some lean to heavy into brands, coolness factor, etc. (nothing wrong with that), I am very practical in my approach, and don't get too bothered about brands or what everyone else thinks is cool. I drive a VW Passat, for god's sake (and I really like it), so I am not suggesting I represent the market place, but for me, the F6B is the one bike I would keep if I got rid of one, and it's not even close. I strongly prefer it to just about any other motorcycle I have owned, and that includes a Road King Classic, a very farkled Street Glide, and now the Ultra Classic Limited to name a few.