took a 2017 street glide for a test ride - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: took a 2017 street glide for a test ride

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post

Planning to have my seat customized locally and leaving my wife's part alone. She loves it.

Mean City Cycles?

Go the extra mile and have hers done with the memory foam, and add the deluxe seat heaters front and back. They shaved the side on my seat, memory foam everywhere, and the seat heaters. Did a 450 mile ride right after I got the seat back from them, and it was like I had only ridden to the local stop and rob for milk and eggs. A pic of my seat is on their facebook page, and it looks completely stock.

Traded my 15 Road Glide for a 16 F6B. No regrets. I did buy the Ergo three pegs and got a Hartco seat coming. The Harley was a hot son of gun at a stop light and roasted my right leg, even after a tuner and decatted exhaust. Also the RG fairing isn't good for much. It's top vent and side vents don't make a lot of difference and it's glove boxes are about as close to worthless as you can get. Also, unless you are into doing the splits the highway pegs didn't help much.
    Can't say I totally disliked the Harley but don't miss it much.
    One other thing, unless Harley fixed the problem, the Handlebars are an abortion from hell. If you think your leg hurts wait till your shoulders start hurting on that RG. The after market hasn't caught up with the needed modifications for better grips yet either. And finally, maybe, their new hydraulic clutch still has a bug in it. Its been recalled and it warranty extended. Never a smooth let off from stop to go. I will say, engagement of the cruise control on the Harley is better as my B seems to slow for a second to think about it and then engage.

Parting shot of RG next to its replacement IMG_20161008_091643718.jpg (98.4 KB)

Let us know how you like the hartco

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    Mean City Cycles?

Go the extra mile and have hers done with the memory foam, and add the deluxe seat heaters front and back. They shaved the side on my seat, memory foam everywhere, and the seat heaters. Did a 450 mile ride right after I got the seat back from them, and it was like I had only ridden to the local stop and rob for milk and eggs. A pic of my seat is on their facebook page, and it looks completely stock.
    Planning on calling them, but they're about 4 hours from me. There's an upholstery shop in Garner NC that does them. How much did Mean City charge for that?
    Thanks for the Harley ownership input, makes me feel a little better.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

I had a K1200LT BMW prior to the Harley. Spent a butt load of cash for a Russel Day Long. Seat still put my nuts in a bunch. It had a low speed wobble I couldn't get rid of. Handle bars hurt me. Put 30k on and a lot of effort into keeping that bike. Got good and mad one Sunday. Drove it into the Harley dealership and rode out on a Road Glide. BFM. You need to be careful when jumping from frying pan to frying pan.

Also, here's another little secret. Buy a Suzuki 650 Burgman. Mine has an Isuzu head rest for a back rest and an Air Hawk seat pad. That's it and I can ride it all day long. Plus it will smoke a Harley and it's a big gay scooter

If this F6 turns out to be another bust, I'm trading it for a fresh Burgman

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    Planning on calling them, but they're about 4 hours from me. There's an upholstery shop in Garner NC that does them. How much did Mean City charge for that?
    Thanks for the Harley ownership input, makes me feel a little better.
    I think it was about $675 for everything they did to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by NAHD View Post

Also, here's another little secret. Buy a Suzuki 650 Burgman. Mine has an Isuzu head rest for a back rest and an Air Hawk seat pad. That's it and I can ride it all day long. Plus it will smoke a Harley and it's a big gay scooter

If this F6 turns out to be another bust, I'm trading it for a fresh Burgman
    650 Burgman = mini wing!

I have one as well. It truly is a sleeper and an awesome machine. The downside is that even with a reasonable seat height, it has an effective seat height that is taller. Because of the way your legs have to angle outwards due to the shape of the seat and the floor boards, it's about 1-2-3 inches higher that the spec height, depending on how you put your feet down. And you really can't mod the seat lower.

If it had cruise and even a simple sound system, it would just outshine most any other bike. Especially given the large underseat storage area.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    650 Burgman = Mini Wing!
    My work buds call it the Gay Wing. It's really to bad most people are so frightened of not fitting in.