2017 get together ? - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2017 get together ?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    As much as we should change venues, it is difficult to find locations that compare to our most popular rides in the Smokey Mountains. We are open to suggestions however the final venue will not please everyone.

Even though many of us have taken these roads before, I personally don't have a problem returning to them.
    From one location we have some of the best riding available in such a small concentrated area ....

The Rattler/Shiners Run
    The Blue Ridge Parkway
    The Cherohala
    The Tail of the Dragon/ Deal's Gap
    The Hellbender 28
    The waterfall Byway along the Cullasaja River
    The Cherokee Run with a stop at the "Wheels Through Time" museum for those who have never been

Plus several restaurants, hotels and conveniences nearby.

We could select a Hotel at one of the following locations .....
    Maryville, TN
    Franklin,NC
    Maggie Valley, NC
    Cherokee, NC
    Waynesville, NC

Early arrivals, afternoon of Wednesday August 30th with departure on Sunday 9/3/17 or Monday 9/4/17 (Labor Day Weekend)

Thursday and Friday hit the most popular roads before the weekend madness and on Saturday and Sunday hit the least travelled roads.

This is just a suggestion, 53Driver and I will discuss details as soon as we can.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    As much as we should change venues, it is difficult to find locations that compare to our most popular rides in the Smokey Mountains. We are open to suggestions however the final venue will not please everyone.

Even though many of us have taken these roads before, I personally don't have a problem returning to them.
    From one location we have some of the best riding available in such a small concentrated area ....

The Rattler/Shiners Run
    The Blue Ridge Parkway
    The Cherohala
    The Hellbender 28
    The Cherokee Run with a stop at the "Wheels Through Time" museum for those who have never been

Maryville, TN
    Franklin,NC
    Maggie Valley, NC
    Cherokee, NC
    Waynesville, NC

Early arrivals, afternoon of Wednesday August 30th with departure on Sunday 9/3/17 or Monday 9/4/17 (Labor Day Weekend)

Thursday and Friday hit the most popular roads before the weekend madness and on Saturday and Sunday hit the least travelled roads.

This is just a suggestion, 53Driver and I will discuss details as soon as we can.
    Kewl!

Count me in on the schedule above.
    Perfect!!
    Plus Labor Days gives us all an extra riding day.

Lightbulb Done and DONE!

Phantom,
    THANK YOU for taking time out of your crazy life to put together rally idea. I screamed down the theTail of the Dragon/Deals gap once, and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Gents and ladies, let's set this up!

The Rattler/Shiners Run
    The Blue Ridge Parkway
    The Cherohala
    The Hellbender 28

Maryville, TN
    Franklin,NC
    Maggie Valley, NC
    Cherokee, NC
    Waynesville, NC

Bad dates for me , we will be in Grapevine tx for the Wing Ding already reserved
    Battoo

Too much traffic on the Holiday weekend. Understand about getting there early, but , then to drive 1000 miles home in the Holiday traffic, well, not for me. As you said, not all will agree.

I could be wrong but haven't all of the other rallies been during this time period with no issues traveling?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I could be wrong but haven't all of the other rallies been during this time period with no issues traveling?
    All but last years in Arkansas.

We have never had any traffic issues, we avoid the congested routes in the mountains on Saturday and Sunday

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

The Smokey Mountains are great. And a few choices also: Eastern TN, Western NC or even North GA. Of course the great roads continue into both VAs. I love the area East of Franklin and Highlands, great roads and not much traffic. Stay away from the north side of the mountain and you miss most of the Dollywood type traffic.

Who rides on Interstates?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver