About to trade my CTX for a 2015 F6B
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About to trade my CTX for a 2015 F6B

About to trade my CTX for a 2015 F6B

About to trade my CTX for a F6B
    I do like the CTX but after a two hour ride last week with my wife on the back I think it needs to go. We were so sore from that ride.

I am 5'7, 150#, wife is 5'2 100# btw.. I have the 14" Honda windshield on it, a cramp buster throttle but that all did not help that much. My inner groin area was so sore from the wide tank area and are asz were just tired of the seat. We did have to stop and stretch out a few times but we sure were glad to get home. On the highway we were getting pushed around as well and my hands and wrists were sore from just holding the grips. I am pretty stretched out from the bars so that may have something to do with it.

I normally drive it 40 miles to work five days a week all highway but tandem this is not the right bike for us. It does great with just me on it, not sure it would be great for more than the 40 miles I drive by myself. I read all the posts how people do take this on long cruises and love it, I can't imagine how.?

Last night I took a 2015 F6B deluxe out for a 30 minute test ride with my wife. First I took it for ten minutes by myself to get the feel for it and it was great. My wife and I took it out for thirty minutes, highway, city streets and parking lots. This just fit better and I felt more comfortable on it, I did not want to take it back to the dealer. I felt like I was in the bike and not on it. It had a shorty windshield and seat back for my wife, cruise control and 1832 cc.. The power was incredible.

My wife told me the seat for her was very wide compared to the ctx but the seat for me was perfect. When driving my legs were not spread out like they are on my ctx. My legs were in a normal straight forward position and it felt like almost riding a big tricycle just sitting on it. I was comfortable and loved the machine.

We left the dealer late last night and will probably be making a deal this afternoon. I just want to share my experience here with the forum. The CTX is a nice bike but just not for me. I want a bike that is comfortable on y 50 yr old body and my wife, something we can ride and just enjoy and not feel the pain for hours later. I welcome the cruise, the power and the seat, don't welcome the extra $100 in payment though but that's how it goes.

I will update the deal if and when it happens.

I assume you have the CTX1300?

I looked at that bike also before I got the B.

BTW---I think you have excellent taste.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I assume you have the CTX1300?

I looked at that bike also before I got the B.

BTW---I think you have excellent taste.
    I do have the ctx1300 but this may be my last day of ownership as a trade is coming.

One thing I don't like about the B is the big panel of buttons on the left panel. It looks pretty dated and old school. Not sure if it hs blue tooth or an iPod connector.?

The big buttons are old school but purposed for the glove wearer. No bluetooth on board but there is a USB connector in the clutch side bag. There have been a lot of adaptions from many here on how to listen to music. But, your first need is a comfortable bike for you and the wife. This is it. I would recommend first, the Steve0080 backrest extension, your wife will love it.

I rarely touch the buttons on the left panel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Cool

Great choice.. now JUMP !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Where can I get the Steve080 backrest extension? Hope you work out the deal, my wife absolutely loves riding on the B.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by svnten View Post
    I do have the ctx1300 but this may be my last day of ownership as a trade is coming.

One thing I don't like about the B is the big panel of buttons on the left panel. It looks pretty dated and old school. Not sure if it hs blue tooth or an iPod connector.?
    You can also plug in your iPod or phone into the auxiliary 3.5mm (headphone style) jack in the left side fairing cubby. Others here suggested getting a Ram mount that uses existing bolts for clutch fluid reservoir...now I use the Ram mount to hold my phone with the cords routed down into the cubby. I have a 12V female receptacle in the cubby as well to charge the phone while it is mounted there. I can play podcasts, satellite radio (thru XM app), iTunes, or the bike's radio itself.

Best additions to my 2013 Standard:

1. Madstad 13" windshield
    2. Heated grips
    3. Ram mount
    4. 12 V receptacle in fairing cubby
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

CTX-1300 to F6B

I owned a 2014 CTX 1300, and would really recommend the F6B. The CTX is a quirky bike that needed a few test riders before they released it...guess what, they only built it that one year!

Why does Honda do that?

Anyway, the CTX is considered Honda's "Technology" bike because it has LED lamps, and with the radio system...it was all blue tooth linked! I liked the CTX 1300 in many ways, the dash was nice, had a few features not found on the F6B like timers, fuel economy, etc.

That being said, the F6B is such a comfortable bike, with the large wide fairing, and the big six cylinder engine, it effortlessly goes down any road. You will find that before too long of ownership, the bike doesn't feel heavy at all. The fuel economy is only slightly less than the CTX, the throttle is not nearly as snatchy as the CTX 1300 is. You will like the F6B.

Regarding those large buttons - old school and dated...couldn't agree more. However, for scanning the radio, changing from FM to AM is EASY while you are on the road. I don't think I have ever used the rotating tuner/volume control, I always use the left handlebar controls.

But the best news? You are on a 2015...which has electronic cruise control!

Just picked my B up this afternoon no more CTX 4 me

I traded my ctx for a 2015 F6B blue one.. I could not be happier this first day. It has zero miles and now it has 45.

I am considering a taller windshield so any advice on that is welcome. I am 5'7 so I don't need too tall of one.

I got it from Al Lambs Honda in Dallas.

I am 5'6.5" I bought this one because I still want to look over the shield, not through it.
    https://www.amazon.com/Honda-0SR70-M...f6b+windshield

If you want to look through, and want more wind protection, get some thing a little taller. Personally, my helmet is my screen.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa