Michelin Tires?

Thread: Michelin Tires?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Michelin Tires?

OK guys, I've tried to search this but no joy.
    Has anyone tried the Michelin Commander II on the "B"? They make a front tire that is the proper size and a rear that is the correct cross section but is a "65" instead of a "60". This makes the rear tire very slightly taller than the OEM. Also, the Michelins are Bias ply as opposed to Radials that come on the "B". It's been so long since I've had a Bias ply tire that I almost forgot they still were made. These Michelins get pretty good reviews from owners of other brands of big bikes but no Wings or "B's" that I saw.

Anyone here have/had them?

Almost 20 hours and 68 views with NO resposes? Interesting.

Well, I think you would get better service, generally, from a tire designed and built for a Wing. I apologize in advance to all you darksiders out there.

If I recall correctly, Michelin made a tire for the Wing 1800's and they took it off the market. They don't make a tire for our bikes. They do make great tires for sport and sporttouring bikes, however. Cruiser tires, too.

Go to the new Dunlop E-4's and forget the other brands...These tires have received great reports so far on this site and I have not had issues with the ones on my F6B at all....Great tires for the F6B....Ride safe

I put a rear on 1800 miles on it looks like new, feels better than stock Tire cost me 213 mounted have not had it in rain
    It hooks harder and has not spun like stock Tire done few time

Why go with a tire that was not made for our ride.As said here there are a lot of brands to choose from that work well and have good feedback here.E4's or the Metzler 888's have worked for many here.I have 5K on the Metzler's and they are wearing well,quiet and hug the road great in all conditions.E4's are getting the same feedback and may prove out to give the best mileage-only time will tell.Plus there is Darkside but I will not comment on that as I am not really a fan but many here are.