Opinions on suspension upgrades.

Thread: Opinions on suspension upgrades.

Opinions on suspension upgrades.

Already have All Balls bearings to go into the head. Looking for opinions on which direction to go for the forks. There is the Progressive Monotubes. Then there is the Gold valve emulator and springs from Race Tech and then Traxxion also sells springs. Probably wait on the rear suspension until completing the front.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Already have All Balls bearings to go into the head. Looking for opinions on which direction to go for the forks. There is the Progressive Monotubes. Then there is the Gold valve emulator and springs from Race Tech and then Traxxion also sells springs. Probably wait on the rear suspension until completing the front.
    Both Progressive and the Traxxion seem to get good reports....Depends on what you want to spend I suppose....

Progressive +2 installed monotubes on the B and just the springs on the GL ... both were very good !

JMO but I would install the springs...you can do that yourself. Just pull the caps off the top and drop them in...fairly simple task!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

My friends 2010 Goldwing has the full monty Traxion setup and after riding it that is what I will do to my F6B when I get the spare dough.Not cheap but man it is one awsome setup and turned his Wing into a new ride.

I have the progressive 1" shorter setup and she rides 120% better than OEM!
    Just put on the tapered bearings and rake kit also..

The rear I'll probably put my air ride on.. if money allows..
    would prefer hydraulic but I haven't gotten a reply from the company yet

I did the springs from Progressive front and rear at the same time and they was a huge improvement. I'm sure there is way better stuff out there but my "back road touring" style wont really benefit from it. The All Balls bearings in the head is a huge improvement!!
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    My friends 2010 Goldwing has the full monty Traxion setup and after riding it that is what I will do to my F6B when I get the spare dough.Not cheap but man it is one awsome setup and turned his Wing into a new ride.
    Rode with a guy from Colorado during the Rally that had the Traxxion full monty. I was talking about doing a suspension upgrade and He said he's had Progressive and now the Traxxion and in his opinion, he couldn't really see the difference for the money it cost. His recommendation was to go with the Progressive monotubes up front and change the spring on the rear shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Progressive +2 installed monotubes on the B and just the springs on the GL ... both were very good !

JMO but I would install the springs...you can do that yourself. Just pull the caps off the top and drop them in...fairly simple task!
    So you installed the monotubes and the Progressive springs in the forks?

progressive springs

had mono tubes on my gl1800 took them out and went to progressive springs instead. the tunes were to stiff and kind of knee jerk reactive. springs are great front and rear with anti dive fix and all balls bearings along with superbrace on fork tubes...I ride pretty aggressively on both the f6 and my gl living here in Colorado in the twisties...100 mph up McClure pass 2up and rock solid! I love these bikes like a big fat girl on a hurricane 600 frame. lol