Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
Migrants do drive down the wages, they also do a lot of jobs nobody else wants to. Besides, they aren't stupid. Where are coal mines located? Coal mines still pay a good wage I believe and migrant workers may just disappear without a trace in those places. By an large blue collar work is looked down upon by most people, everybody wants some cushy office job. You want to get rid of migrant workers fine, get our lazy countrymen and woman off their asses and out into the fields, coal mines, factories and construction sites. Pay them a fair wage, offer good benefits and make housing affordable. Reinforce the concept of working for a living. When you make a better living sitting on the couch vs. going to work... True migrant workers come in for the season, they follow the harvest and go home when it's done. Most of us don't have an issue with them. It's the ones that decide not to leave we have the issue with.
I have heard this repeated oh so many times but I never have seen the American on TV saying....'I'm not going to do that job'. Never, ever, never. It's just a catchy thing to say when you can lump and degrade Americans as lazy. I say they would do that job if businesses were fined when they employ illegals that drive the wages down. On the downside of the wages being increased is that you are going to drive the price of oranges and lettuce up. But in a true capitalistic system, that creates competition and that's always good.