Long story on Wifes base.

Went to install the base on the bike and the holes were off just a fraction. Wouldn't fit w/o force and forcing arced it up on one side.

Laid the garnish in the installed position and the base was about ~8~ inches above the weather strip.

Took pics of the misalignment and pics of the measurements of the bases above the weather strip on both bikes and sent them to Chris.

Per Chris,, ~8~ above weather strip = 10 inch base (Heck if I know! )

Chris is sending a new base to use in lieu of the one that apparently slipped while being drilled. (Did not have to RMA the first one. Not that I really have a use for the old base, but it's a hassle to wrap / ship stuff back)

New base to deliver tmrw. Wife is very anxious to get her 'stad as she still remembers how quiet it was when she rode my bike.

Wifes Madstad came with a 13 inch shield,,, She wasn't using it (heh heh!) so I 'borrowed' it for a day. Switched back to my 15 the next day.

For me and my set up, the 15 works better than the 13. 13 is too short. Sliding it up a lot is not near as effective as a 15 slid up 'a couple inches' off the garnish. I do feel that the 13 will be 'just right' for the Wife.