Hi,

I came across this thread after posting this in the "windshield, aesthetics vs function" thread. I know I'm reviving an old thread, but I'm a new F6B owner and stand at 5'8" and purchased the Klock Werks 14" Smoked Flare Windshield about 6 weeks ago and thought I was couldn't ask for more with its performance after running it for 500mi straight. That was until I jumped back on my '07 H-D Softail this week without a windshield. I realized the wind was hitting my face steadily & smoothly on the H-D, whereas while riding the F6B with the KW windshield wearing my 1/2 helmet I had terrible buffeting right at ear level (with ear plugs) which also was hitting my head from behind and actually forcing my strapped glasses away from my face at 60-65mph causing my eyes to irritate afterwards, and forget about wearing my 3/4 helmet (with ear plugs as well) which was like having my head in a paint mixer…literally!!!

I've decided to ditch the KW and try the MadStad 11" Extra Dark Smoked Windshield , which I ordered last night after reading the positive impressions about it on this thread. Has anyone had experience with owning both the KW 11" & MadStad 11" that could possibly share their experiences between both?

Thank you,
Joe