Madstad for F6B
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madstad for F6B

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I understand they work fine, but in my opinion they are just to ugly and busy for my tastes...
    UGLY!!???!!

When you're as ugly as I am, ANYTHING looks fine!!!!

I adjust mine 19 different ways for each different condition,,,, How fast I'm going, how much air I want/don't want, how quiet I want it to be,,,

So versatile, it makes the Popeil Pocket Fisherman look like a stick with a string!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fh_YwAnv7w

I wonder if you can still buy those.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Factor View Post
    I'd say Madstad owes this thread more than one sales commission. My 11" dark smoke should be here Friday.

Many thanks to you guys who did the early major hashing out and testing of this product. I can buy this with confidence having been able to read a very extensive ongoing review. Great work!

Savor the wind buffeting now, because very shortly it will be gone forever.

I wonder if you can still buy those.

Yep, WallyWorld sells them.
    Ronco-Pocket-Fisherman

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    UGLY!!???!!

When you're as ugly as I am, ANYTHING looks fine!!!!

It's true. Scotrod is the only guy that gets kicked out of banks and convenience stores for NOT wearing his full face helmet inside.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Yup,,,, And they require either a dark smoke or a mirrored visor as well,,,

Gets friggin hot standing in line,, have to ask everyone to speak up,,, It ain't easy bein ugly,,,,

Yup,,,, And they require either a dark smoke or a mirrored visor as well,,,

Gets friggin hot standing in line,, have to ask everyone to speak up,,, It ain't easy bein ugly,,,,
    Doesn't matter when you can dance like you can People are too busy watching your moves Get down, Scotrod!
    Ken (Hornblower)

UGLY!!???!!
    When I talk about myself, I always say....... "This is ugly, not stupid!"

After reading each post in all the 15 or so pages I have determined I will be ordering a Madstad. I am looking for some input on the difference in full up vs full down. I see so many measurements but have not seen a full up vs down. I (like most) look over my shields, but ride in a lot of farm country and have the need to look through at times to keep my head out of the bugs. Measuring from the dash up (Jabbasan showed or Clearview Shields has us measure, ) the 16 1/2' Honda Tall shield works well for me as I can slide down in the seat and stay bug free but is a bit too tall to see over unless I sit up real straight. Any idea how I can come up with a determination which Madstad will give me the adjustment of,,,, say 15 down to 18" up from the dash..

If the 16.5" Honda shield works well for you, I'd say the 11" Madstad is all you need.

But... I don't know where your 18" requirement came from. If you are looking for additional coverage for the passenger, the 13" Madstad may be better.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    If the 16.5" Honda shield works well for you, I'd say the 11" Madstad is all you need.

But... I don't know where your 18" requirement came from. If you are looking for additional coverage for the passenger, the 13" Madstad may be better.
    With the 16 1/2' shield I either need to slide down in the seat for better bug coverage, or sit up straighter to see over. I just figure an adjustable shield to cover 15" to 18" would work.. I can't seem to remember off hand without going back and rereading posts how much adjustment the Madstad has.