Madstad for F6B

Thread: Madstad for F6B

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Early on, there was a bit of a problem with the base of the Madstad not matching the curvature of the fairing thus leaving a gap. Does anyone know if this is still an issue on the newer Madstads?

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Early on, there was a bit of a problem with the base of the Madstad not matching the curvature of the fairing thus leaving a gap. Does anyone know if this is still an issue on the newer Madstads?

Still an issue. I even received a new base from them. But it's nothing that weatherstripping can't easily address.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I did have a small gap on the left side. I had a rubber strip already on the bike provided with the ClearView shield that I replaced. No gap on the right and put it all together leaving the small gap on the one side. Next time I take the nose off I will probably seal it with more rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickc View Post
    I did have a small gap on the left side. I had a rubber strip already on the bike provided with the ClearView shield that I replaced. No gap on the right and put it all together leaving the small gap on the one side. Next time I take the nose off I will probably seal it with more rubber.
    Thanks Rickc. I have a Clearview on now with that rubber gasket. Just maybe that will fill the gap on the Madstad if I decide to order one.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Still an issue. I even received a new base from them. But it's nothing that weatherstripping can't easily address.
    Thanks Will. I remember when you got yours how you were upset about it. We seem to have the same issue about things being centered and balanced in our world. If the Madstad had the same gap at both ends it wouldn't be an issue for me. But..........................well, you know.