Quote Originally Posted by d-shark View Post
With the shield all the way down I do get some wind which is nice on Hot Days doing 50-60 mph. For interstate riding I usually run the shield adjusted about 1 inch up from what is shown in the photo (still very low but max wind protection). Wind goes all the way over the Head at 6'-2" tall.

The point I was trying to make earlier is that if you happen to get the 2" shorter Base Shield then the bottom of the Outer Shield will be 2" lower compared to what is seem on my bike. To me that does not make much sense (who wants to have the bottom of the shield that low) and limits how high the shield can be adjusted.

Taller Base Shield with 11" Outer Shield, the top of the Outer Shield can be adjusted from 11" to 14" above the base of the faring gasket.

Shorter Base Shield with 11" Outer Shield, the top of the Outer Shield can be adjusted from 9" to 12" above the base of the faring gasket.

In my opinion the taller Base Shield provides more usable vertical adjustment. Madstad will try to talk you into the shorter Base Shield so decide what works for you and order accordingly.
I know this is reopening a very old thread, but I'm unclear what base shield Madstad finally settled on for the 11" top shield. The OP makes a strong case for the taller base, but it seems Madstad leans towards the shorter. What is the final resolve? Ultimately, short base with short top would seem to have very little adjustment.