Madstad for F6B

Thread: Madstad for F6B

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

Madstad for F6B

Latest word from Mark: Yes, we've got a system pretty much ready for the F6B, very similar to what we have on the GL1800. It's not on out web site yet but should be by this time next week.

For those of you unfamiliar w/Madstad, its a windshield system similar to the Windbender concept.

No 'electric' option, but rake adjustment is included by design (not an 'add-on' item.)

They were the only solution that would work for me on my HD Road Glide...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

As I mentioned on another thread earlier today, I ordered my Madstad this morning. Should have it in a couple weeks including shipping time. Mark said that mine will be the second one out the door. I'm especially hoping for additional passenger comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    As I mentioned on another thread earlier today, I ordered my Madstad this morning. Should have it in a couple weeks including shipping time. Mark said that mine will be the second one out the door. I'm especially hoping for additional passenger comfort.
    They don't look all that aesthetically pleasing. Take pics and post when you get it. I am in the minority here (on wind shileds) but one of the reasons I bought the F6B was for the looks. Chopped shield, no trunk, little chrome: That's me. Coolness has its price!

Many Victory XC riders swear by Madstad. I feel they look pretty good on the XC and the RG, especially considering what it has to look like to do what it does.

The rake set at Madstads recommended 60 degrees on a full Wing looks a bit 'funky'. (Quite a bit more stand up angle than OEM) But again, rake is adjustable.

Bruce, would love to see pics / hear a review when yours arrives!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Many Victory XC riders swear by Madstad. I feel they look pretty good on the XC and the RG, especially considering what it has to look like to do what it does.

The rake set at Madstads recommended 60 degrees on a full Wing looks a bit 'funky'. (Quite a bit more stand up angle than OEM) But again, rake is adjustable.

Bruce, would love to see pics / hear a review when yours arrives!!!
    Sure thing. Will send as soon as I've put a few miles on the Madstad and can give a review based on more than just a spin around the block.

Sure thing. Will send as soon as I've put a few miles on the Madstad and can give a review based on more than just a spin around the block.
    Let us know what other shields you've tried as well.

It's 'love-bug' season here and I wonder if the 'bug-gut' protection provided by a ~normal~ shield would be any different than the Madstad.

Any luck in receiving the Madstad yet?

I've got an 'itchy mod-finger' just dying to get something,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Any luck in receiving the Madstad yet?

I've got an 'itchy mod-finger' just dying to get something,,,
    UPS tracking shows that it's here in town, on the truck, and out for delivery later today. Pics and opinions to follow after I have some miles on it, maybe not until after this weekend.

GOOD DEAL!!!

Glad to hear it's 'almost here'!!!

Looking forward to your report!