Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
If you look back through this thread you will notice I tried about everything in the book. At a 60 degree angle there was nothing for me that got rid of the whistle. I have been running lately at about a 53 degree angle using the lower mounting position and the whistle is not present.

My unit does not have the option for lower mounting position. Do you mean how the bracket mounts to the base or shield, or how the base mounts to the bike??? OR JUST sliding the shield down? For me the only way to quiet the whistle is to slide the shield down and angle it so that very little air goes up between the shield and fairing.

I actually read every post from beginning to end when I was looking into the Madstad and did read about the whistle and your issues, but never read any positive find or fix from anyone. I tried the same as you with tape over everything I could think would be a cause with the same results. I really didn't think my results would be different but I had to try.
Some say to find that "just right position" and the whistle will go away but the reason I got this shield was for the adjust-ability. I may want the shield all the way down for some rides and up for a passenger or other reason.
My quest continues...