Due to work and other things I've not been able to follow the forum much the last few months. Thought this might be of some interest to those considering a windshield purchase. Originally I had the 11" Baggershield and went to the 11" Madstad which was a Night & Day improvement over the Baggershield and I've done over 12,000 miles with the Madstad since.

Recently my girlfriend & I had a chance to ride a friends 02 Goldwing. I think it might have been a stock shield, it set 17" from the faring gasket to the top and had a vent. I'm 6'-2" and look well over the 11" Madstad. The 17" Goldwing shield was right at my line of sight by comparison. From my perspective as the rider wind protection was similar to the much shorter Madstad (no real difference IMO). My girlfriend however as the passenger said she was getting noticeably more wind compared to the Madstad. I should mention that we had been riding My F6B just minutes before taking out the Goldwing so the comparisons were back to back.

Opening and closing the windshield vent did not improve nor degrade wind protection for either of us as far as we could tell. The test ride was at interstate speeds.