Madstad for F6B

Thread: Madstad for F6B

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    If the 16.5" Honda shield works well for you, I'd say the 11" Madstad is all you need.

But... I don't know where your 18" requirement came from. If you are looking for additional coverage for the passenger, the 13" Madstad may be better.
    With the 16 1/2' shield I either need to slide down in the seat for better bug coverage, or sit up straighter to see over. I just figure an adjustable shield to cover 15" to 18" would work.. I can't seem to remember off hand without going back and rereading posts how much adjustment the Madstad has.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    With the 16 1/2' shield I either need to slide down in the seat for better bug coverage, or sit up straighter to see over. I just figure an adjustable shield to cover 15" to 18" would work.. I can't seem to remember off hand without going back and rereading posts how much adjustment the Madstad has.
    Just remember the Madstad does not work like a traditional WS. It pushes the air stream much higher and you can ride with WS in a lower position and look over it.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

DMAGOLDRDR,

I'm 6'-2", my girlfriend is 5'-4" and we both ride my F6B with the 11" shield. All the way down for my girlfriend, about one inch from the top for me. Total travel as I recall is just under 4". This photo is with the 11" shield set up for me. We set it down approx 3" when she rides.

I tried the 13" shield and my girlfriend said as a passenger it was no different from the 11" as far as passenger comfort & wind protection. The bike looks better to us with the 11" shield and we have ridden long distance in all kinds of weather with it.

You have to remember that Madstad recommends a shield angle of 60 degrees (this works best for me). Stock shields sit at approx 45 degrees, point being as the Madstad is tilted up towards the 60 degrees it comes closer to entering your field of vision. So trying to compare Stock shield heights to Madstad shield height is really apples & oranges.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by d-shark View Post
    DMAGOLDRDR,

I'm 6'-2", my girlfriend is 5'-4" and we both ride my F6B with the 11" shield. All the way down for my girlfriend, about one inch from the top for me. Total travel as I recall is just under 4". This photo is with the 11" shield set up for me. We set it down approx 3" when she ri
    I tried the 13" shield and my girlfriend said as a passenger it was no different from the 11" as far as passenger comfort & wind protection. The bike looks better to us with the 11" shield and we have ridden long distance in all kinds of weather with it.

You have to remember that Madstad recommends a shield angle of 60 degrees (this works best for me). Stock shields sit at approx 45 degrees, point being as the Madstad is tilted up towards the 60 degrees it comes closer to entering your field of vision. So trying to compare Stock shield heights to Madstad shield height is really apples & oranges.

Hope this helps.

It sure does help d-shark Thank You,
    It seems the 11" up all the way at 60 deg should get me looking thru the shield when I need to and then with almost 4" travel, I can get it back down to see over for normal riding..

Thank You ALL for your help.

In my experience I've never had to look through the Madstad. Properly adjusted you shouldn't have to.

Wow!

Just installed the Madstad 11" last night and took it up to the Blue Ridge Parkway this morning between the Meadows of Dan, Va and Lowgap, NC for a test.

This windshield does everything it is advertised to do. It is just so smooth even at high speed that you forget how fast you are going. Fantastic equipment!

Glad I bought it and I'll have a 13" Opaque Cee Bailey's windshield for sale shortly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Before the breathing air is gone, before the sun is just a bright star in the night sky.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Factor View Post
    Just installed the Madstad 11" last night and took it up to the Blue Ridge Parkway this morning between the Meadows of Dan, Va and Lowgap, NC for a test.

This windshield does everything it is advertised to do. It is just so smooth even at high speed that you forget how fast you are going. Fantastic equipment!

Glad I bought it and I'll have a 13" Opaque Cee Bailey's windshield for sale shortly.

Ugly or not, it's one of the most functional, most adjustable, quietest shields I've ever used...