Madstad for F6B - Page 14
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Madstad for F6B

Rain

Excellent feedback Gentlemen. Thanks.

I know all about Arizona rain. Most of the time it's All or Nothing! Mostly Nothing. I rode Solo Motors on the Phoenix Police for 10 years. Got caught on the Motor in more than a few Monsoon gully-washers. Will discuss Sand Storms in another Chapter. Ever see a Dippsy Dumpster rolling down the center of the street? No ...... It doesn't have wheels!

Now in North Texas where the weather man is wrong 199% of the time. Lots of 'unexpected' rain rides. Perhaps the Madstad is the means by which to 'Adapt, Improvise & Overcome'.
    It's a motorcycle!!!!! It's Supposed to have wind!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by d-shark View Post
    When I hit the Heavy rain it was clear the incoming rain drops hitting my head and shoulders were coming down and in from above (not up from below and over top of the Base and or Shield). The rain drops from above were heavy enough to penetrate the air curtain produced by the Madstad. So in heavy rain (looking over the Madstad Shield) the Madstad performed pretty much like any other shield you would be looking over. When I hit the Heavy stuff my glasses got wet so I had to flip up the shield on my helmet in order to see anything. Ended up peaking over the top of my soaked glasses intermittently to see what was going on ahead.
    Y'all who ride in wrath-of-God weather crack me up! Rain heavy enough to penetrate a curtain of 70MPH jet stream and inundate your arse !! How about pulling over to the tavern for a bit till she lets up?

Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    Y'all who ride in wrath-of-God weather crack me up! Rain heavy enough to penetrate a curtain of 70MPH jet stream and inundate your arse !! How about pulling over to the tavern for a bit till she lets up?
    Sometimes you just have to get to point B, no time to sit it out.

I do appreciate this Madstad discussion but wonder if you just wouldn't get the same results by using a light weight full-face helmet. I like the stock height screen (CEE BAILEYS dark tint) and get no buffeting at any speed, warm in the winter, breeze in the summer and the radio sounds great and wind noise is non-existant with my JVC noise cancelling ear buds. Heavy rain no problem, just look right, look left = clear face sheild.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    I do appreciate this Madstad discussion but wonder if,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.
    You'll never really know until you try a Madstad yourself!!!

Sometimes you just have to get to point B, no time to sit it out.

I do appreciate this Madstad discussion but wonder if you just wouldn't get the same results by using a light weight full-face helmet. I like the stock height screen (CEE BAILEYS dark tint) and get no buffeting at any speed, warm in the winter, breeze in the summer and the radio sounds great and wind noise is non-existant with my JVC noise cancelling ear buds. Heavy rain no problem, just look right, look left = clear face sheild.
    If you are happy, keep what you have. My CB was letting the wind hit the top of my FF and at high speeds it shook my head. I knew if I wanted to see way over my windshield, Madstad was the answer. I was happy with it on one of my previous bikes. And it works really great with my 2/4 helmet.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

rain rain go away - garage musings

What to do on a rainy and 37 degree Sunday morning.... install your new 11" Madstad shield of course.

Me and the dog went into the garage with the box of goodies from the good folk in Dade City Florida, EEK me and man's best friend run back into the house to find warmth as the Kerosine heater is bone dry and the garage is a very close second to Lambeau's frozen tundra.
    All we can find in the house is one of those small electric bar heaters - you know the type that spin your electric meter like the Tach on a TZ750.

So with suitable arctic attire, a kilowatt muncher under my arm and a less than thrilled fido we trudge back to the frigid garage. Once inside we plug in and crank up the stone age thermal device, get some 80's alternative on the boom box and set about removing the stock windshield. With increasing warmth, familiar tunes, good instructions and a lazy dog for company all is good in the world. Everything came apart as advertized and installation of the 11" Madstad was surprisingly easy per the instructions and all within the time confines of the Clash's epic London Calling album.

If only the rain would cease and i can ride...

Oh the weather outside is frightful..... Well for at least 3 more days the NC climate is downright nasty with single digits forecast for Tuesday, therefore it maybe a lonnnnng week before i take her out for a ride and have fun finding the perfect angular incline and dialing in the optimium vertical adjustment for my riding position.

Oh well there's football on the tv, a happy hound next to me on the couch and Jethro Tull next up on the stereo.

Clash,,, What shield are your replacing w/the Madstad?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Clash,,, What shield are your replacing w/the Madstad?
    Clash said: "set about removing the stock windshield."

I am asking a question that maybe someone may have an answer for about the Madstad windshield and Cobra 6-2-6 pipes..Many riders have experienced a drone sound with the F6B and Cobra pipes that could be somewhat reduced by changing windshields..I have this "dreaded drone" at certain speeds on the highway. Not intolerable, but can be somewhat trying at times...I have the 11"-19" adjustable Baggershield which works great for me and do not plan to change at this point...Does anyone that may have the Cobra pipes, and the Madstad, windshield still have this drone or does the design of the Madstad reduce or eliminate this drone?...I really do not want to spend money for another shield and still have the same issues, if this drone has anything at all to do with the turbulence created by or not created by an aftermarket shield.....

Clash said: "set about removing the stock windshield."
    I tend slip into speed-read mode during certain reading situations!