Madstad for F6B - Page 26
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Madstad for F6B

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Whats wrong with the Cobra pipes?

Awesome thread and info here! I'll be ordering a Madstad this week... and thanks to you fine folks I know exactly how to place the order.
    Its a love/hate thing. Some people love em, but others like me took em off quickly and put em on this site or ebay. I had 100 miles on mine and sold em for $450. The drone was horrible and I like to listen to the tunes. Good call on the Madstad...I had mine installed by dealer and its been a great upgrade

Thanks RB.

The wind noise with my current helmet and stock windshield is just too much; the noise is deafening. Further, I had it on a long-ish interstate ride last night and was catching bugs and rain drops on my face shield. I'm hoping the Madstad fixes each of these problems.

I don't care for how the Madstadt looks on my bike but there are zero bugs on my faceshield.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop creek View Post
    I don't care for how the Madstadt looks on my bike but there are zero bugs on my faceshield.
    I pretty much have to agree with you on this one. Like you, I love the functionality of mine but it does look a bit "funky" IMO. I don't think it's quite as "funky" if you go with the clear screen over the black base which is the combination I finally went with. With that setup, from a distance, you mainly notice the black base which looks like a bagger-style shield and that retains the original design of the F6B.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Interesting. I was gonna say the smaller dark tint looks best.

I read the first two pages of this thread (will read the rest tonight) but people are seeing much reduced noise and buffeting with the small 11" shield right?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Interesting. I was gonna say the smaller dark tint looks best.

I read the first two pages of this thread (will read the rest tonight) but people are seeing much reduced noise and buffeting with the small 11" shield right?
    Personal preference, no doubt. And yes, the 11" works great for me but I imagine that depends on rider height.
    Ken (Hornblower)

I'm 5'9", and I have the 11" Madstadt windshield. It is set so that I look over it mostly, unless I start slouching down. It shoots the air about an inch or two over my head, no buffeting, and I stopped wearing earplugs. It's oddly peaceful on the highway. I have not tried a traditional, taller screen as yet, so I can't compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop creek View Post
    I know, right? What better testament.

Fyi, Madstad appears to have these in stock. I ordered a dark grey 11" on the 7th and on the 8th (today) Fedex has it in their tracking system.

It should arrive tomorrow; it's nice being only 50 miles away from them

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    HMMM, Am I the only one with a 15???
    Wife has a 13, and I've swapped with her only to trade back again,,,