Madstad for F6B - Page 28
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Madstad for F6B

Due to work and other things I've not been able to follow the forum much the last few months. Thought this might be of some interest to those considering a windshield purchase. Originally I had the 11" Baggershield and went to the 11" Madstad which was a Night & Day improvement over the Baggershield and I've done over 12,000 miles with the Madstad since.

Recently my girlfriend & I had a chance to ride a friends 02 Goldwing. I think it might have been a stock shield, it set 17" from the faring gasket to the top and had a vent. I'm 6'-2" and look well over the 11" Madstad. The 17" Goldwing shield was right at my line of sight by comparison. From my perspective as the rider wind protection was similar to the much shorter Madstad (no real difference IMO). My girlfriend however as the passenger said she was getting noticeably more wind compared to the Madstad. I should mention that we had been riding My F6B just minutes before taking out the Goldwing so the comparisons were back to back.

Opening and closing the windshield vent did not improve nor degrade wind protection for either of us as far as we could tell. The test ride was at interstate speeds.

Interesting to know; I haven't seen much other feedback from the passenger perspective.

Thanks for sharing.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Here's what another Madstad owner said:

Ride each way was over 1k miles a day, what I learned.

I have several windshields for this bike, all of them except the Madstad will soon be for sale. My 11" shield worked like a champ, especially in the rain.
    Riding in the rain on the bike is no issue, in fact, the protection was so good that I could ride thru some 3 to 5 mile showers without even getting wet. As long as I was moving at highway speed, the water would go around and over me. Extended showers I used the rain suit.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3...-Franklin-ride

There were (2) Madstads that sold at the auction for DIRT cheap,,, If both our bikes weren't already 'Madstad-equipped',,,

Heck, I should've bought one anyway just for parts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Interesting to know; I haven't seen much other feedback from the passenger perspective.

Thanks for sharing.
    i have bought my share of windshields and i have come to one conclusion..
    at some point you try and justify the purchase to yourself...
    its close to this but better for that
    jeez.....when did we forget the days of no windshields
    ill be the first to say my choice is the BEST for me
    do i want anything else...maybe
    am i waiting for the white elephant that looks cool and still protects me from the elements..
    naw...im over it
    now my needs are simple
    radio on 13
    no wind whistle in my helmet
    and a vent for warm days...
    the important thing is i ride every day
    and its still makes me giggle...
    18k...small price for this much dam fun

What I didn't mention about the Madstad, and why it's my choice over several others relates to all the things in the above post. I can hear my radio, I look well over the shield, it doesn't suffocate me. In fact because it's adjustable, and it's the 11", I can lower the thing and get as much air as I want. I have found the nirvana position though, and if I need more air, I just open the Baker air wings. I really like it.

On the way...

I'd say Madstad owes this thread more than one sales commission. My 11" dark smoke should be here Friday.

Many thanks to you guys who did the early major hashing out and testing of this product. I can buy this with confidence having been able to read a very extensive ongoing review. Great work!

I understand they work fine, but in my opinion they are just to ugly and busy for my tastes..But to "each his own as they say"...and I am happy some folks like them a lot.....

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I understand they work fine, but in my opinion they are just to ugly and busy for my tastes...
    UGLY!!???!!

When you're as ugly as I am, ANYTHING looks fine!!!!

I adjust mine 19 different ways for each different condition,,,, How fast I'm going, how much air I want/don't want, how quiet I want it to be,,,

So versatile, it makes the Popeil Pocket Fisherman look like a stick with a string!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fh_YwAnv7w

I wonder if you can still buy those.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Factor View Post
    I'd say Madstad owes this thread more than one sales commission. My 11" dark smoke should be here Friday.

Many thanks to you guys who did the early major hashing out and testing of this product. I can buy this with confidence having been able to read a very extensive ongoing review. Great work!

Savor the wind buffeting now, because very shortly it will be gone forever.

I wonder if you can still buy those.

Yep, WallyWorld sells them.
    Ronco-Pocket-Fisherman