Madstad for F6B - Page 29
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Madstad for F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    UGLY!!???!!

When you're as ugly as I am, ANYTHING looks fine!!!!

It's true. Scotrod is the only guy that gets kicked out of banks and convenience stores for NOT wearing his full face helmet inside.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Yup,,,, And they require either a dark smoke or a mirrored visor as well,,,

Gets friggin hot standing in line,, have to ask everyone to speak up,,, It ain't easy bein ugly,,,,

Yup,,,, And they require either a dark smoke or a mirrored visor as well,,,

Gets friggin hot standing in line,, have to ask everyone to speak up,,, It ain't easy bein ugly,,,,
    Doesn't matter when you can dance like you can People are too busy watching your moves Get down, Scotrod!
    Ken (Hornblower)

UGLY!!???!!
    When I talk about myself, I always say....... "This is ugly, not stupid!"

After reading each post in all the 15 or so pages I have determined I will be ordering a Madstad. I am looking for some input on the difference in full up vs full down. I see so many measurements but have not seen a full up vs down. I (like most) look over my shields, but ride in a lot of farm country and have the need to look through at times to keep my head out of the bugs. Measuring from the dash up (Jabbasan showed or Clearview Shields has us measure, ) the 16 1/2' Honda Tall shield works well for me as I can slide down in the seat and stay bug free but is a bit too tall to see over unless I sit up real straight. Any idea how I can come up with a determination which Madstad will give me the adjustment of,,,, say 15 down to 18" up from the dash..

If the 16.5" Honda shield works well for you, I'd say the 11" Madstad is all you need.

But... I don't know where your 18" requirement came from. If you are looking for additional coverage for the passenger, the 13" Madstad may be better.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    If the 16.5" Honda shield works well for you, I'd say the 11" Madstad is all you need.

But... I don't know where your 18" requirement came from. If you are looking for additional coverage for the passenger, the 13" Madstad may be better.
    With the 16 1/2' shield I either need to slide down in the seat for better bug coverage, or sit up straighter to see over. I just figure an adjustable shield to cover 15" to 18" would work.. I can't seem to remember off hand without going back and rereading posts how much adjustment the Madstad has.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    With the 16 1/2' shield I either need to slide down in the seat for better bug coverage, or sit up straighter to see over. I just figure an adjustable shield to cover 15" to 18" would work.. I can't seem to remember off hand without going back and rereading posts how much adjustment the Madstad has.
    Just remember the Madstad does not work like a traditional WS. It pushes the air stream much higher and you can ride with WS in a lower position and look over it.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

DMAGOLDRDR,

I'm 6'-2", my girlfriend is 5'-4" and we both ride my F6B with the 11" shield. All the way down for my girlfriend, about one inch from the top for me. Total travel as I recall is just under 4". This photo is with the 11" shield set up for me. We set it down approx 3" when she rides.

I tried the 13" shield and my girlfriend said as a passenger it was no different from the 11" as far as passenger comfort & wind protection. The bike looks better to us with the 11" shield and we have ridden long distance in all kinds of weather with it.

You have to remember that Madstad recommends a shield angle of 60 degrees (this works best for me). Stock shields sit at approx 45 degrees, point being as the Madstad is tilted up towards the 60 degrees it comes closer to entering your field of vision. So trying to compare Stock shield heights to Madstad shield height is really apples & oranges.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by d-shark View Post
    DMAGOLDRDR,

I'm 6'-2", my girlfriend is 5'-4" and we both ride my F6B with the 11" shield. All the way down for my girlfriend, about one inch from the top for me. Total travel as I recall is just under 4". This photo is with the 11" shield set up for me. We set it down approx 3" when she ri
    I tried the 13" shield and my girlfriend said as a passenger it was no different from the 11" as far as passenger comfort & wind protection. The bike looks better to us with the 11" shield and we have ridden long distance in all kinds of weather with it.

You have to remember that Madstad recommends a shield angle of 60 degrees (this works best for me). Stock shields sit at approx 45 degrees, point being as the Madstad is tilted up towards the 60 degrees it comes closer to entering your field of vision. So trying to compare Stock shield heights to Madstad shield height is really apples & oranges.

Hope this helps.

It sure does help d-shark Thank You,
    It seems the 11" up all the way at 60 deg should get me looking thru the shield when I need to and then with almost 4" travel, I can get it back down to see over for normal riding..

Thank You ALL for your help.