Madstad for F6B - Page 31
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Madstad for F6B

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I can report that I hear whistling when riding down the street on my Madstad equipped F6B. It comes from people who see the bike for the first time.
    Nah,,, has to be the Man, not the Machine,,, Sounds like our very own BIG SEXY has some competition!!!

One last Question (well maybe)

I'm just throwing it out there seeing that the folks at Madstad must be busy and haven't got back to me yet for my order.
    On every one of my other Motorcycles I have put in a Windshield Vent to get some extra air on hot days. Has anyone tried a vent or does that not work due to their design.
    I already have the Baker Wings under the mirrors and think that may be enough...

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    I'm just throwing it out there seeing that the folks at Madstad must be busy and haven't got back to me yet for my order.
    On every one of my other Motorcycles I have put in a Windshield Vent to get some extra air on hot days. Has anyone tried a vent or does that not work due to their design.
    I already have the Baker Wings under the mirrors and think that may be enough...
    Won't work right with the Madstad. With the Baker wings, you will get plenty of air. My 1k mile days to and from Franklin were high 90 temps, and I was fine with the added air from the Bakers.

Also, call Madstad instead of ordering online.

Won't work right with the Madstad. With the Baker wings, you will get plenty of air. My 1k mile days to and from Franklin were high 90 temps, and I was fine with the added air from the Bakers.

Also, call Madstad instead of ordering online.

I did call them this morning, and am waiting patiently for a call back to ask a few questions and put in my order.

Thanks, that ole Valkyrie Interstate has me spoiled but I'll get the F6B on the same level soon enough!!

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    I did call them this morning, and am waiting patiently for a call back to ask a few questions and put in my order.

Thanks, that ole Valkyrie Interstate has me spoiled but I'll get the F6B on the same level soon enough!!
    Hmmm, that's surprising. I would call them back, and ask "Do you want my business or not?" If I was the owner of a business and an employee didn't take an order, I would be upset. I have talked to them several times and they always took care of me right away. I ordered a clear shield as an alternative to the smoked one I first bought, and had it in 2 days. Weird. If they needed to get someone to answer your questions before you ordered then I understand.......and the above doesn't apply!

I know Mondays are pretty busy here at my shop also, so I'm ok with it. If I don't hear from them first thing in the AM then they will get another call because I hope to get it for this weekend. I have a couple hundred mile highway ride and I would rather take the F6B and that will give me the chance to dial in the height and angle on that Madstad Shield to get the quiet I am after . If not the ole Valk will make the run.

The Madstad is installed

I received the Madstad Windshield a day ahead of schedule and mounted it last night. A short 30mi test ride confirms that at the 60 deg angle 1in up I also have a whistle that starts at 40mph but fades into the wind noise above 50. Tomorrow I will make adjustments and see if different heights and angles change the whistle..

Thanks to all for the great advice and info.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Tilt it back some

^^^ +1

An angle adjustment should do the trick.

I can report that I hear whistling when riding down the street on my Madstad equipped F6B. It comes from people who see the bike for the first time.

A friend of mine has been looking for a new bike. When I showed him the F6 he said... "I think I found it"!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Tilt it back some
    Thanks I'll give it a try..