Eastern/Central PA trip?

Thread: Eastern/Central PA trip?

Eastern/Central PA trip?

Hi, can anyone recommend a weekend trip (route, hotel, sites) sometime in the next month or so?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DocF6B View Post
    Hi, can anyone recommend a weekend trip (route, hotel, sites) sometime in the next month or so?

Thanks
    If you are looking at PA, try god old Pittsburg to Gettysburg and home.
    There will be some great roads if you plan it right.

Well if you're in Phillipsburg and you were me..... I'd cross the river, go up the Ho Chi Minh trail and swing across the northern tier. Some beautiful country up there. I like the Bradford area more than Potter, I think there are more scenic views. In Potter you always seem (to me) to be in valleys.

I really enjoy riding in central / northern Pa.We head to the hills whenever we get a chance. My buddy and I just did a weekend trip through Pa. that was a fantastic ride. Here is the loop we did.
    State College to Benezette to Pa. Grand Canyon to Mahoney City
    Why these destinations?
    State College : wanted to see the Penn States football stadium (neat, nice area)
    Benezette : went to the Elk Center. The Elk are mating for the next several weeks you should see some action. They were bugling when we were there. Amazing animals to see. Well worth the trip. Try to get there early morning or late in the day when they come out to feed. This was the highlight of our trip.
    Pa. Grand Canyon: The view is beautiful. Something to see.
    Mahoney City: Just outside of town on RT339 north takes you right under the wind turbines scattered on the mountain. You can practically park under one of them. They are huge, amazing to see.
    I recommend the following roads on the bike.
    Rt339 out of Mahoney City to Berwick / Bloomsburg area ( this is a gem! Designed for motorcycles! Don't tell to many people about this one, its my favorite. Lol)
    Rt44, Rt144, Rt287 north of of Rt80 to the Wellsboro / Galeton area near the Grand Canyon. All three are beautiful roads on a bike.
    Rt872 ( We hit this from Grand Canyon thru Cherry Springs to Benezette. I forget the road out of Cherry Springs but it goes thru Conrad into Wharton to pick up Rt872. This entire leg we only passed two cars in over an hour riding. Just a nice road through the mountains. Very nice!!
    Clinton, Potter, Bradford, and Sullivan are nice counties to ride in the North Central part of Pa.
    I hope this helps.

Thanks everyone.

These are helpful!