Hey Sparky.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Sparky.....

Hey Sparky.....

Inquiring minds want to know, How are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know, How are you doing?

Hey, Jimmy. I am doing...okay...and that is about it. I am frustrated that my hearing is as bad as it is. With both ear drums blown out, I have very little sense of balance. In trying to do some work on my new barn the other day, I was tipsy on the ladder, whereas before, I used to be rock solid on the very top of a ladder. My driving sense is off, when in a car. Due to lack of hearing, and lack of balance, and knowing that my senses are still not back to where they used to be, I feel like I am drunk most of the time, which is an odd feeling for someone that does not drink.

Cool

WOW!!!! if you could get that in a pill form you could be rich!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    WOW!!!! if you could get that in a pill form you could be rich!!!!!!
    Steve, you can get it in pill form. It is called...Oxycontin, or Oxycodone.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Hey, Jimmy. I am doing...okay...and that is about it. I am frustrated that my hearing is as bad as it is. With both ear drums blown out, I have very little sense of balance. In trying to do some work on my new barn the other day, I was tipsy on the ladder, whereas before, I used to be rock solid on the very top of a ladder. My driving sense is off, when in a car. Due to lack of hearing, and lack of balance, and knowing that my senses are still not back to where they used to be, I feel like I am drunk most of the time, which is an odd feeling for someone that does not drink.
    At one point, you mentioned that you might have surgery in order to get the ear drums repaired. If you don't mind me asking, what's the prognosis for this procedure and will it improve you balance issues? Also, were any of the bones damaged in the inner ear? Again, I hopr that your recovery will allow you to continue to ride. 2,314,159 "miles" would be a nice achievement.

Barry

Miles, I certainly hope you have cotton stuffed in those ears to keep the cold air and any contaminants out. My Dad had a blown eardrum for all of his life (infection as an 11 month old). He religiously kept clean cotton in the ear each day.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by BARRYS770 View Post
    At one point, you mentioned that you might have surgery in order to get the ear drums repaired. If you don't mind me asking, what's the prognosis for this procedure and will it improve you balance issues? Also, were any of the bones damaged in the inner ear? Again, I hopr that your recovery will allow you to continue to ride. 2,314,159 "miles" would be a nice achievement.

Barry
    Barry, the prognosis is that the doctor wants to wait...urrrrggggg...for one to three months, to see if the tympanic membrane wil grow back on its' own. He is doubtful, given the size of the perforations, but this is something that must be done, so that we try every solution, before doing the surgery. The CT scan showed that NO inner bones were harmed in the filming of this lightning strike.

At this point, it is 50 % frustration, and 50 % lack of balance...drunken sailor affect. I am doing all that I can to assist in the process, and simply have to wait.

Terri, I am acutely aware of the COLD air, and am looking for a comfortable pair of ear muffs to wear. They will serve several purposes, and I can keep a layer of guaze inside each ear cup, to protect the ear from debris.

The good news, is that you can now just sit on your bike and it will charge the battery until you are able to ride again.

You can market that.....the "Sparky Battery Tender"
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you are in the VA system they provide free hearing aids and batteries.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Miles--Hope your balance issue is improving. Yesterday, Deerslayer and I were at a Honda event and ran across something that made us think of you. Here it is:

Wow, Miles on training wheels! Wouldn't that just be the bomb! Seriously, Miles, we're thinking of you and praying for a good recovery. And the training wheels, really? Fuhgeddaboudit