How do you watch TV?

Thread: How do you watch TV?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I am ready to axe DirectTV, too much money for crap I never watch.

I need 3 sports, baseball for sure, Football and hockey as well. But I don't watch a lot of other stuff. TCM and some other movie channels. Don't have HBO or any other pay movie channels.

I have 3 TV's, living room, bedroom and out at the pool in the cabana. None are smart TV's. But of course I have wifi internet and an iPad.

What do you do?
    Hey Stro--I have done this for the last 2 years and it works!!!! Trust me. Call and cancel Direct TV!!!!! I did it for the 2nd time Tuesday.

Now you must completely quit with a cancel date and everything. Within a few days they will call you back with lower prices, but you have to do the complete song and dance of telling them to pick their stuff up and wait for them to call. I get the total choice package 212 channels with DVR and service for 2 TVs for $65 per month. I add the MLB package in March (Yankees fan BTW)
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We're bundled up here in Michigan

Charter cable is a greedy outfit but the direct TV and the others are almost as bad. But you put a dish in the yard and the first few drops of rain or snow flakes takes those out. So I am stuck with the greedy Charter cable, I have the sports package and extend basic and the HD. High speed internet, and phone. They are reaming us pretty good for all that at close to 200 a month.

Cutting the cord

We've also decided that it's kind of stupid to pay $110 a month to watch TV, and we don't even have premium channels. Getting a new Roku, cutting back to basic cable at $17 per month, and keeping Netflix. Most shows stream online now anyways. I'll miss the old movies, but you can rent them, and it's far cheaper and more fun to go to a bar to watch the big game. Next is the landline, but I'm getting a lot of pushback on that from the wife.

Geoff in CT

All great inputs and I thank everyone. I think I am going to axe the satellite and go with an aerial HDTV antenna. There are so many free channels in Houston and my Spanish needs some help. I'll investigate the Roku and maybe a smart TV but I just cannot stomach $1400 cold hard cash every year for what I watch. That's a Vegas trip right there.

Today has been all college football on what would be a free station over the air.

Again, thanks everyone for great information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I kinda don't mind the Simpsons and if I get real lazy on saturday I like Rawhide and the Rifleman ME TV. John Prine had the best idea for the TV.
    Government:. A legalized organized gang of thieves, writ large