F6B or Full Wing...?

Thread: F6B or Full Wing...?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkmaster View Post
    ... I just got tired of trying to make every other bike I owned into a GW. Good Luck!
    This is where I don't want to find myself in a couple years. I'm already thinking this will be my final bike... and I really don't want to be ditching a two or three year old F6B and taking the depreciation hit I'm seeing others take right now... and then finding myself shopping for a full wing. I don't particularly need the latest model... design wise... to be happy. So I'm not going to hold out for the next generation Gold Wing (since nothing changed for 2017).

Now it does leave me wondering when is the best time to deal. The current Honda incentives expire on December 31st... does that mean that the end of December is the best time to buy? I know that dealers often want to close their year with last minute sales to get their numbers up (I got a couple great deals on new cars this way). Or does that mean that larger incentives may happen after the first of the year? Especially on what is now last years bike.

I'm not in any hurry, and the weather for riding is only getting colder now, so this should be a great time to deal.
    We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    This is where I don't want to find myself in a couple years. I'm already thinking this will be my final bike... and I really don't want to be ditching a two or three year old F6B and taking the depreciation hit I'm seeing others take right now... and then finding myself shopping for a full wing. I don't particularly need the latest model... design wise... to be happy. So I'm not going to hold out for the next generation Gold Wing (since nothing changed for 2017).

Now it does leave me wondering when is the best time to deal. The current Honda incentives expire on December 31st... does that mean that the end of December is the best time to buy? I know that dealers often want to close their year with last minute sales to get their numbers up (I got a couple great deals on new cars this way). Or does that mean that larger incentives may happen after the first of the year? Especially on what is now last years bike.

I'm not in any hurry, and the weather for riding is only getting colder now, so this should be a great time to deal.
    We'll see.
    If you don't have a trade and can arrange financing or have the cash ready this time of year, if you live in winter climates, is a great time to buy a bike..Most dealers don't want inventory just sitting over the winter on the sales floor and are generally willing to accept any decent deal....If you buy a 2017 Goldwing now, just don't get at yourself if Honda offers a new generation model that is rumored to be coming as an 2018 model sometime early next year......Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    If you don't have a trade and can arrange financing or have the cash ready this time of year, if you live in winter climates, is a great time to buy a bike..Most dealers don't want inventory just sitting over the winter on the sales floor and are generally willing to accept any decent deal....If you buy a 2017 Goldwing now, just don't get at yourself if Honda offers a new generation model that is rumored to be coming as an 2018 model sometime early next year......Good luck
    I can be an all cash deal, or I can do some financing... I'm in a good position. I don't mind carrying a little on finance if it makes the deal go more in my favor. Sometimes they will drop the price even more if they know they're going to make some money over time on the financing as well. You don't always get the best deal just because you can pay full cash. Besides, under the current personal situation that I'm in, I might want to keep some of that cash on hand in case I need it for other expenses. But if I go that route, I'll put enough skin into the game that I can negotiate the best finance rate on the balance... hopefully.

I'll part with my current 2003 ST1100P once I get the new bike, but I'm sure I'll do better on the open market next spring... and that can wait. I doubt seriously that they would give me much for it on trade. It's just another option.

It would take some pretty incredible features on a 2018 (or whenever this imaginary next-gen Wing gets released), to make me wait, or cause me to have remorse.

I think. (Says he, who only caught this fever back in September ).