F6B or Full Wing...? - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: F6B or Full Wing...?

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    Does that trailer thingy? have a name? looks like I could modify it to run a stock M-60 machine gun for tailgaters. Or a mean ass pitbull.
    Trunk monkey.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    Does that trailer thingy? have a name? looks like I could modify it to run a stock M-60 machine gun for tailgaters. Or a mean ass pitbull.
    Actually, it's made by Uni-Go, and it's the Touring Model (they have three). Made in New Zealand and sold by a U.S. Distributor in Florida.

See interesting video below. (You'll have to get past the poor resolution and obnoxious soundtrack):

Interesting, albeit poor quality video, here.

Here is another older demo video. There's not a lot out there on them.
    He has an unusual removable hitch, but it shows the process from start to ride.
    (Sorry, I guess obnoxious soundtracks are an Aussie thing.)

Video

[I suppose it's okay that I'm hijacking my own thread ]

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    I had both, owned a 2002 full Wing and me and the wife loved it! Had a couple of close calls with teen girls texting and I sold it and was done. Decided to be safe bought a 2013 Can Am Spyder RTS,... don't recommend this option, EVER! (long story involving lawyers) Ended up buying a 2015 F6B in blue and love it for the styling and looks. The wife was not too keen on it with out the trunk so I had to mod the bike to accept a Kawasaki trunk kit I already had, this trunk can be installed/removed in about 15 minuets that way it's the bike I like and when she wants to go she has the trunk/backrest. Sometimes I wish I had got the full Wing but not very often.
    That really "is" the coolest color! GORGEOUS bike man!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!! And my wife will tell you that it is a very expensive search! The B is my 12th bike in 16 years (to be truthful some of the bikes were tempory "flips" to make a few bucks) and another trade is on the way, but I am not leaving the Goldwing family. All bikes have there strong and weak points and for some of us--as my wife says--"You just can't be happy with a single bike, can you?" It is a sickness. I have buddies that ride the same bike for a decade and are happy as can be. And then you have guys like us.................
    You and I are 2 peas in a pod bro! I've also had 12 bikes in the past 18 years: http://dwelch.cocc-cis.com/hobbysite.html. (Need to add pics of the new F6B)
    Though I can't say I've bought any of them with the intention of flipping them, I'm just fickle.
    As I founded cruisercustomizing.com I'm obviously a cruiser guy, and love to spend money customizing my bikes to my liking (see my current other bike, the M109R at above link) as proof.

So I think keeping both of these bikes may be my solution. The M109R as my around town uber cool "bar hopper" type of bike, and the F6B as my road trip bike. At least that what I'm thinking at this stage, I just got my F6B yesterday and likely won't be riding it for a few months. Maybe I should have bought a snowmobile.

I also am ex-Navy, also did 6 years (83-89) and got out as an E5 like Redlinez, I was an STG2 (sonar tech) and am unsure what an IC is?

Anyway, just had to say hello to a kindred spirit. Sorry for hijacking your thread Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    Thank you.

Perhaps "perfect" might have been a little overstated. To me, perfect means that it meets my needs, satisfies my desires, and suppresses my yearnings.

Much like my wife. She's perfect too.
    And they are both fun to ride too, right?

They are supposed to load up my bike in Kansas next Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, and then it's two weeks en-route to California.

In the mean-time, I picked up this today... complete with Goldwing Hitch and Wiring Harness.
    Spotted it on Craigslist about 90 miles away, and couldn't pass it up!

Attachment 24944 Attachment 24945 Attachment 24946

I can't wait to "not even know it's back there" (so everyone says).
    Now you just need to paint it red to match your new bike!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    Now you just need to paint it red to match your new bike!
    Ah... yes... but... I've decided that if I'm not happy with the Red 2013 Paint (there have been reported issues - lack of clearcoat), then the whole bike becomes the WHITE that I originally wanted. At which point I'll revisit the Black trailer issue.

Bike is on the truck and headed West from Kansas!!! Wooohooo.
    (Still doubt I'll see it till the new year though).

Ah... yes... but... I've decided that if I'm not happy with the Red 2013 Paint (there have been reported issues - lack of clearcoat), then the whole bike becomes the WHITE that I originally wanted. At which point I'll revisit the Black trailer issue.
    If you do decide to repainted it please let me know how much work it is taking all of the painted parts off of the bike. I'm thinking about repainting mine too, but I want mine to be blue! Im a bit intimidated thinking about taking the fairing apart as there are a million things attached to it! The rest of the painted parts should be fairly easy to R&R.