F6B or Full Wing...? - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: F6B or Full Wing...?

Shipper called today... should be delivering bike tomorrow between Noon and 1:00pm.
    Wooohoooo.

Final weight loss before bikes arrival: 46 pounds!
    I have my XXXL motorcycle jacket on eBay, and my XL jacket on its hanger!

AND... I've got a four day weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    Shipper called today... should be delivering bike tomorrow between Noon and 1:00pm.
    Wooohoooo.

Final weight loss before bikes arrival: 46 pounds!
    I have my XXXL motorcycle jacket on eBay, and my XL jacket on its hanger!

Very cool, I bet you won't get much sleep tonight! Post pics when you get it!

We've got tons of snow here, so I don't care how long my weekend is.

It's here... it's here!!!

Shipper called this morning to tell me that delivery would be postponed... Truck blew a radiator hose near San Louis Obispo. Ugh.
    It was only about a 2-1/2 hour delay though.

First two pictures on the ground:

Attachment 25068 Attachment 25069

Got it home and spent the first two hours carefully peeling off Pin-striping:

Attachment 25070 Attachment 25071

Now I'm waiting for parts so I can hook these two together:

Attachment 25072

Happy, happy, happy!

(just wish it wasn't so cold out)

I have to say however... those Rush Pipes have got to go.
    Way to loud for my taste. Good thing I have the stock pipes too.
    I'll probably switch them out while I have it on the lift to install the Vertical Hitch.

I have to say however... those Rush Pipes have got to go.
    Way to loud for my taste. Good thing I have the stock pipes too.
    I'll probably switch them out while I have it on the lift to install the Vertical Hitch.
    Sweet looking ride Jim! Congrats! I envy you though because you can actually ride yours, I've gotta wait a few months. Heck it's even too cold to go out and work on it! I'll probably brave the cold and install the Cobra slip-ons though. They should arrive next week. The high temp next week though will generally be well below freezing. I don't care for the looks of the Rush pipes, but I would still like to hear them. I want my exhaust completely blacked out, that's why one reason I went with the Cobra's, plus I think it looks cool having 6 separate pipes! I just hope I like the sound. Keep us informed about your new baby. I for one am excited for you and wish I still lived in Fremont. I'd ride over and go for a spin with you.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    Sweet looking ride Jim! Congrats! I envy you though because you can actually ride yours, I've gotta wait a few months. Heck it's even too cold to go out and work on it! I'll probably brave the cold and install the Cobra slip-ons though. They should arrive next week. The high temp next week though will generally be well below freezing. I don't care for the looks of the Rush pipes, but I would still like to hear them. I want my exhaust completely blacked out, that's why one reason I went with the Cobra's, plus I think it looks cool having 6 separate pipes! I just hope I like the sound. Keep us informed about your new baby. I for one am excited for you and wish I still lived in Fremont. I'd ride over and go for a spin with you.
    Thanx. I've got in-laws in Grants Pass, and they are a bit cold right now too.

I'm going to leave the Rush Pipes on for a while and see if they grow on me... or continue to annoy me. I thought maybe I would have the factory exhaust powder coated black while I was waiting... as I too, like the monochromatic black look better (especially since all the red on this bike may end up white some day).

So far, I've only ridden it home from my work (where I had it delivered). But I need to run to Santa Cruz sometime today, and I think I'l suit-up later and brave the 53 degrees.

Thanx. I've got in-laws in Grants Pass, and they are a bit cold right now too.

I'm going to leave the Rush Pipes on for a while and see if they grow on me... or continue to annoy me. I thought maybe I would have the factory exhaust powder coated black while I was waiting... as I too, like the monochromatic black look better (especially since all the red on this bike may end up white some day).

So far, I've only ridden it home from my work (where I had it delivered). But I need to run to Santa Cruz sometime today, and I think I'l suit-up later and brave the 53 degrees.
    Boy you sure know how to hurt a guy!

Both of my brothers have lived in Santa Cruz for over 30 years! One of them produced the Santa Cruz Blues Festival for 22 years and he owns Moes Alley, a bar/music club.

...Both of my brothers have lived in Santa Cruz for over 30 years! One of them produced the Santa Cruz Blues Festival for 22 years and he owns Moes Alley, a bar/music club.
    Well... here's to you... AND your brothers!
    It was a nice ride, 55 degrees, and I actually caught a teeny bit of Rain as I was headed home through Watsonville.

Attachment 25077

Jim

Well... here's to you... AND your brothers!
    It was a nice ride, 55 degrees, and I actually caught a teeny bit of Rain as I was headed home through Watsonville.

Attachment 25077

Jim
    Very nice photo! The boardwalk brings back memories from when I also lived in SC! So that was Hwy 52 or 152 on the way back home, right? I've ridden that road a lot on my way to Los Banos to catch the 5 south. Mom lives in Hemet.

Very nice photo! The boardwalk brings back memories from when I also lived in SC! So that was Hwy 52 or 152 on the way back home, right? I've ridden that road a lot on my way to Los Banos to catch the 5 south. Mom lives in Hemet.
    Hwy 152 goes from Watsonville over through Gilroy and on to Hwy 5 then Los Banos. The Watsonville to Gilroy stretch is gorgeous with its huge Redwoods and Pines. But I went further south and took San Juan Road over to 101 and back up to 156 through San Juan Bautista... it's the back way to Hollister, where I live. I caught just a smidgen of rain at Hwy 1 and Hwy 129 and I could see it coming down over Monterey... which is where I wanted to go, but I cut things short. I had to get back to my shop and make the Radio Knob Keys that I learned about in another thread. I had two extra keys made at Ace Hardware this morning on my way out of town.

Attachment 25078

By the way... it's my thread, and I'll hijack it if I want!

Jim