CCW Carry option - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CCW Carry option

I also use this...put some camera tags on the zippers and folks will think it is a camera case! Go large for a Glock 43 and similar size frames.

https://www.amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Bel...awk&th=1&psc=1
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

As a professional gun writer and instructor, I have seen LOTS of holsters. I have not found a perfect solution to bike carry. A lot depends on what clothing you wear.

If you wear a projective jacket (even in summer) the fastest access would be a proper shoulder holster.

Ankle holster works well on a bike for small guns if you wear it on the strong side rather than the traditional support side. Unless, you wear boots which are too big to fit an ankle holsters.

https://www.undertechundercover.com/...k-coolux-shirt
    Problem with this is that the gun is at a very poor angle which makes it hard to grip and the strap is a major problem. You have to first undo the Velcro strap to reach the gun then grip the gun without the strap getting in the way. Slow and ungainly with a high probability of the strap getting in the way.

OWB and IWB hosters such as the CrossBreed work, but it might be slow to draw depending on what type of protective clothing you wear.

The SneekyPete looks interesting, but I have not had a chance to try it. The draw technique in the video may not be the best, but it might be the shooter not the SneekyPete.

A fanny pack off to the side works as well if you don’t mind wearing a fanny pack. It does not bother me. Be sure to get one that tightly holds your gun rather than just using a loose holster inside. They have a nasty habit of guns falling out when you open the fanny pack.

While I have not tried the Urban Carry, it looks to be a very similar concept to others that I have tried. I sincerely doubt that it will work in everyday use any where close as well as in the sales video, especially when sitting. I expect that you will have to wear your pants pretty loose in order to get your hand in quickly.

In terms of draw time, do NOT discount the need for very quick draws. I have numerous seen videos of gunfights where quick draws were necessary.

Also, I am not fond of any two-handed draws. Your support hand may be injured, blocking, striking, arm wrapping, holding back kids, pulling your girlfriend out of the fight, pushing your wife into the fight, etc. One-handed draw is always best.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

What? No Mexican carry?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Don't discount the need for speed Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    The ideal is to have the weapon when you need it. IMHO it would be very extremely rare to have to quick draw with someone., so speed in down on my must haves list. Having said that I do not want the weapon touching my bare skin and it gets pretty warm here in FLA so the breathable shirt works for me. I also want it concealed as much as possible. Some printing will happen but I don't want it seen. For me I just can't get used to having a holster inside my waist band. Some like it, it's just not for me. I also like to be able to touch or hold the weapon to me when I get close to anyone so I KNOW where it is. JMHOYMMV
    The experts say the average gun fight is 3 seconds and if your busy pulling a slow gun, Well the outcome isn't in your favor!

In my effort to be fair about the sneaky pete holster I watched several videos of the design and how folks are using it. Well, I still contend that the open trigger guard offers a greater chance of a accidental discharge when you reach in to deploy the pistol. I wouldn't carry one without a lot of training and practice. I have a lot of training and practice and will NEVER buy this device.

THEN I came across the epitome of an ignorant gun owner. He has a sneaky pete, but he would most likely be ignorant and a buffoon with another style holster. Below find Joe Dumbass that doesn't follow proper gun safety at any time. He fully admits that the gun in the holster is fully loaded (all guns are loaded) and he is not going to clear it. Before he sticks his giant thumb in to pull it out, the muzzle continues to flag his cocksection and upper legs. The holster is designed for your 3 fingers to grab the pistol grip. He is doing this humanity saving educational seminar while sitting down on something, probably a bean bag or his man cave la z boy with his feet kicked up in the ho-hum I'm not worried position. He then reaches in and pulls the pistol out with his ass block thumb and holds a loaded gun like it is some grasshopper he caught and needs to place it outside. All the time flagging the entire household, including his DNA locker which probably deserves to be in the way of an accidental discharge so he cannot repopulate the country with more offspring. And then to finish off his manhood validation project he decides to go to the farmers market and see if anyone can tell he has a concealed pistol in that colostomy bag hanging from his belt. No you twit, they can't tell it's a gun, they think it's where you keep your pea brain. These are the idiots that give the fuel to the anti-gunners. These dimwits that pollute youtube with these 'I know it all' gun videos need to be exiled to Australia and get 5 on the dollar for their guns.

Please don't be this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p853aTH9g1U

Sorry for the rant, but I am passionate about the 2A, firearms and the freedom to keep and bear them. Idiots like this just make me blow smoke from my ears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Will buying this shirt decrease my body fat to 5% too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DTOM View Post
    Will buying this shirt decrease my body fat to 5% too?
    It may help! It is somewhat like a compression type shirt!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

It may help! It is somewhat like a compression type shirt!

Spandex?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    The experts say the average gun fight is 3 seconds and if your busy pulling a slow gun, Well the outcome isn't in your favor!

I here ya.... but... The question is do you engage, walk away, not your problem or truly a life or death issue. Not many here have or will ever be in a situation that requires a life or death reaction, or at least I hope they don't. The ideal is to be prepared with both weapon and ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    As a professional gun writer and instructor, I have seen LOTS of holsters. I have not found a perfect solution to bike carry. A lot depends on what clothing you wear.

If you wear a projective jacket (even in summer) the fastest access would be a proper shoulder holster.

Ankle holster works well on a bike for small guns if you wear it on the strong side rather than the traditional support side. Unless, you wear boots which are too big to fit an ankle holsters.

https://www.undertechundercover.com/...k-coolux-shirt
    Problem with this is that the gun is at a very poor angle which makes it hard to grip and the strap is a major problem. You have to first undo the Velcro strap to reach the gun then grip the gun without the strap getting in the way. Slow and ungainly with a high probability of the strap getting in the way.

OWB and IWB hosters such as the CrossBreed work, but it might be slow to draw depending on what type of protective clothing you wear.

The SneekyPete looks interesting, but I have not had a chance to try it. The draw technique in the video may not be the best, but it might be the shooter not the SneekyPete.

A fanny pack off to the side works as well if you don’t mind wearing a fanny pack. It does not bother me. Be sure to get one that tightly holds your gun rather than just using a loose holster inside. They have a nasty habit of guns falling out when you open the fanny pack.

While I have not tried the Urban Carry, it looks to be a very similar concept to others that I have tried. I sincerely doubt that it will work in everyday use any where close as well as in the sales video, especially when sitting. I expect that you will have to wear your pants pretty loose in order to get your hand in quickly.

In terms of draw time, do NOT discount the need for very quick draws. I have numerous seen videos of gunfights where quick draws were necessary.

Also, I am not fond of any two-handed draws. Your support hand may be injured, blocking, striking, arm wrapping, holding back kids, pulling your girlfriend out of the fight, pushing your wife into the fight, etc. One-handed draw is always best.

Winner of best paragraph !!!