CCW Carry option - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CCW Carry option

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    https://urbancarryholsters.com/g2-ur...ter-laser.html
    Watch the video on the site, very interesting.

I tried the Urban Carry. It felt so "wrong" that I returned it before I even carried it. Perhaps I should have given it a chance but I can't imagine that I'd have ever gotten to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Okay...Why is no one dead? Point blank range and no one on the ground?
    No OPLAN ever survives initial contact.

Reference:

http://pages.swcp.com/~russo/laws-o-combat.html

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

tried a couple of IWB;s but not 100% happy. Went to this Blackhawk for OWB but still small enough plus I like the lock where it cant be pulled out of the holster by the bad guy

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    tried a couple of IWB;s but not 100% happy. Went to this Blackhawk for OWB but still small enough plus I like the lock where it cant be pulled out of the holster by the bad guy

a lot of places ban that holster because of all of the ADs/NDs that have happened with that holster. it really does require paying a bit extra attention to use safely. one agent I worked with put a .40 through his thigh because of how he drew the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    a lot of places ban that holster because of all of the ADs/NDs that have happened with that holster. it really does require paying a bit extra attention to use safely. one agent I worked with put a .40 through his thigh because of how he drew the weapon.

Serpa holds the record for the holster that caused the most negligent discharges. The problem with the Serpa, depending on gun model and finger length) is that it puts the trigger finger near the edge of the frame after the draw and it is very easy for the finger to slip down to the trigger. Might sound absurd, the very long list of NDs with them say it is so. The Serpa is the only holster that I have ever seen banned from training classes (other than cross draw and shoulder holsters due to where the muzzle is pointing.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

The same one I have

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post

I have a 9mm Ruger 9E and the Blackhawk is a great addition to the others I have and well worth the money.

I also liked the Recluse pocket carry

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    +1 I've tried a good cross section of what's available for CCW. The Crossbreed Minituck in horsehide is the best I've found for my Sig P938 and S&W Shield. For pocket carry, I have come to favor the Recluse. Top notch in all regards. And I use and like the Sneaky Pete but am cautious with the draw. I carry all the time, every day, and if limited to two holsters for my carry guns, they would be the Crossbreed Minituck and the Recluse. I carry nothing larger than the Sig P938 or S&W Shield because I don't want my attire to prevent me from carrying. And in this crazy state of California, I can't afford to print even though I do have a CCW.
    But I went and added a crimson trace laser to my Ruger 380 and now can't use the Recluse anymore and will probably windup selling it. Really liked the fact that is traps the trigger on the 380 Ruger which doesn't have a safety and makes it safer to have in your pants pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    Serpa holds the record for the holster that caused the most negligent discharges. The problem with the Serpa, depending on gun model and finger length) is that it puts the trigger finger near the edge of the frame after the draw and it is very easy for the finger to slip down to the trigger. Might sound absurd, the very long list of NDs with them say it is so. The Serpa is the only holster that I have ever seen banned from training classes (other than cross draw and shoulder holsters due to where the muzzle is pointing.
    it's less that, and more that people have begin pulling upwards before pushing in on the release. in most of the instances they curl their finger inwards and use the tip of the finger instead of the pad. when they realize it's not coming out they exert more inwards pressure with the tip of the finger on the release, and when it finally gives the finger heads directly in to the trigger guard and them things go boom.

you want the finger indexed alongside the frame, not be driven in to the trigger guard.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    it's less that, and more that people have begin pulling upwards before pushing in on the release. in most of the instances they curl their finger inwards and use the tip of the finger instead of the pad. when they realize it's not coming out they exert more inwards pressure with the tip of the finger on the release, and when it finally gives the finger heads directly in to the trigger guard and them things go boom.

you want the finger indexed alongside the frame, not be driven in to the trigger guard.
    Agreed. The problem is that the Serpa requires the finger to be too low in order to press the lever, hence the finger ends up on the edge of the frame instead of higher up in a safe position.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    But I went and added a crimson trace laser to my Ruger 380 and now can't use the Recluse anymore and will probably windup selling it. Really liked the fact that is traps the trigger on the 380 Ruger which doesn't have a safety and makes it safer to have in your pants pocket.
    My Recluse for the Sig P938 accommodates the CT Laserguard. They may make a model for the Ruger with Laserguard as well. But yes, I can see where you original Recluse won't work with it.