CCW Carry option - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CCW Carry option

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    The doctor that did my cataract surgery gave me back my 20 year old eyesight, I was just amazed at how bad my eyes had gotten when I had 20-20 vision back. Definitely helps watching for critters on that F6B and has improved my aim a hundred fold.
    The funny part is that you have practiced most of your life trying to hit the bulls eye, and then you get into concealed carry training and they tell you that you have been doing it all wrong. Because putting rounds into the same place doesn't help your situation in a gun fight. It dawns on you that they know what their doing and you don't. Its and eye opener for sure and now you have to try and not hit the bulls eye every time you shoot and should spread your shots out to cover more of the target. Its a different concept for sure.
    And I fully get that idea. No worries. I'm 'assuming' based on previous training that when my added adrenalin/nervousness will spread out my groups more than adequately.
    I just don't want them spreading too far and going astray.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

The doctor that did my cataract surgery gave me back my 20 year old eyesight, I was just amazed at how bad my eyes had gotten when I had 20-20 vision back. Definitely helps watching for critters on that F6B and has improved my aim a hundred fold.
    The funny part is that you have practiced most of your life trying to hit the bulls eye, and then you get into concealed carry training and they tell you that you have been doing it all wrong. Because putting rounds into the same place doesn't help your situation in a gun fight. It dawns on you that they know what their doing and you don't. Its and eye opener for sure and now you have to try and not hit the bulls eye every time you shoot and should spread your shots out to cover more of the target. Its a different concept for sure.
    Certainly. Center of mass does not equate to a bulls eye. But... you have to get your rounds on target.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Like Steve said!

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Certainly. Center of mass does not equate to a bulls eye. But... you have to get your rounds on target.
    I am sure that being in a gun fight with the adrenalin flowing will spread your shots out adequately and hopefully not let them go to far afield that you miss completely. Practice, Practice, Practice, does it every time.

I am sure that being in a gun fight with the adrenalin flowing will spread your shots out adequately and hopefully not let them go to far afield that you miss completely. Practice, Practice, Practice, does it every time.
    I am sure that in an actual gun fight (and for all of the reasons you mentioned) you will miss the target as well. Practice with someone shooting live ammo at you. That is the missing variable that will tell you how well you will do. Then you will know for sure.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Let's Hope!

I am sure that in an actual gun fight (and for all of the reasons you mentioned) you will miss the target as well. Practice with someone shooting live ammo at you. That is the missing variable that will tell you how well you will do. Then you will know for sure.
    None of us has to deal with that scenario, but it is wise to be prepared just in case you are!

Are you willing to help dog with his further training?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Are you willing to help dog with his further training?
    Sure. With rubber bullets

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Sure. With rubber bullets
    Just think about marshmallow bullets. That would be sweet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

The best comedy team around

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Just think about marshmallow bullets. That would be sweet.
    You guys are certifiable? Crazy as a bunch of loons for sure. Marshmallow bullits WTF

Who looks silly now dog?

Attachment 24828
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver