Best replacement windshield?

Thread: Best replacement windshield?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miks View Post
    I knew when I saw the topic of the post, it would ignite a lot of opinions, so here goes

The windshield that is on there could be the Wind-bender as one of the others stated. If that is true, you will find they work VERY well for decreased turbulence, and a nice air pocket for the rider. I have one on my bike, as it was recommended by a lot of people, and it truly is one of the most functional windshields you can buy.

They look a little awkward, but work well.

One stated - do we pick a woman because she looks good, or is functional? I would tend to go with the good looking one over the functional one. I have had them both, one supermodel good looks, the other one functional as get out...she even washed my bike for me while I went out riding all the time and brought home a messed up bike. So I messed her hair up during the night, just to make me the real pig of the relationship!

Anyway, wish there was the Harley Davidson way, whereby you visit the dealership and can try a variety out yourself before you buy.
    Thanks opas and Miks. I realize that opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one and they all stink!
    I know that everyone will have different tastes and what they think looks good or not. Some people (like me) will care more about how it looks as opposed to how it functions, and I care more than most about how durable it is, how easily it scratches, etc.
    I guess I wanted people to say "I have shield A: and it fits good, looks good and blocks the wind very well" and hopefully someone will say which shields they've used and didn't have good luck with (I think I've only heard one person say they didn't like a shield that had, and it was the baggershield, and the issue was exactly what I knew it would be, with 2 pieces sandwiched together, it would hard to keep 1 or both pieces from getting scratched). SO if everyone is happy with their shield, I should just get the one that has the best looks IMO and costs what I want to spend and hope I like it as much as everyone else does. So far I think I might go with the clear shield, short, dark smoke with recurve. It's one of the cheapest, looks awesome, and I can test it and return it if I don't like it, assuming I leave the protective film on it and am careful installing it so it doesn't get damaged.
    Anyway, thanks everyone for all of the advice.

I'm coming in to this discussion late... and with very little experience. I'm still waiting for the arrival of my F6B from Kansas (pending shippment). I bought it with an 11/19 Baggershield installed, and the sale included the factory windscreen, as well as a Slipstreamer Tall Clear with Vent. The only F6B I have experience with was the rental that I did for a day in Huntington Beach. It had the Madstad, and although it worked well, I was not thrilled with all the hardware that hung off the device.

Anyway, I've said all that, to ask this; has anyone had any experience with the Taka Recurves? They are very inexpensive, and look similar to other more expensive shields.