Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
Wow, it seems everyone has a different opinion on this one. I love the price of the baggershield adjustable, only $139!
My concern with that shield is if dirt or grit gets between the 2 shields and you raise or lower the extension, don't you get scratches in one or both pieces? I'm also not too keen with the fact that one shield is tinted and the extension is clear. I'd prefer to have both pieces smoked, though I realize having the extension clear is because when it's raised you will be looking through the shield instead of over it.

I like the looks of the F4shield but the price, yikes! I like the scratch resistant properties and the fact I can clean it with paper towels and Windex if I want. I'm basically lazy when it comes to cleaning the bike and will take the easy route if given the opportunity. I had a Vulcan Nomad and scratching the OEM shield was a BIG problem! I suspect the baggershield will be made of the same easily scratched material as that shield and therefor my comments about scratching when raising & lowering the clear extension.

I live in Bend, Oregon where there are 4-5 months each year where riding is not safe (snow & ice on the roads) and we rarely hit over 100 in the summers, so I doubt I'd need a vent. I've been riding an M109R with no shield here for 10 years and don't miss not having one, but then again I got the F6B so I would have the ability to take road trips so.... (yeah, I'm rambling, this is how I work through things, I've been accused of over thinking things, LOL!)

I like the one that the first Steve mentioned, the Klock Werks Flare. The shorter one of those in dark tint may be my best choice, but I'd hate to spend $300 on something and not be able to try it out first. How scratch resistant is this shield? Does anyone know?

Attachment 24906

Also, the clear view shield, 14" or 16", dark smoke, sport, with recurve and no vent is only $155-$165, so the price is right. How scratch resistant is that one?

So many good choices, so much valuable advice. What's a guy to do?

Thanks guys for the advice. Keep it coming!
I have a Baggershield that I no longer use because when inverted the two pieces rub together which made a very annoying mark that is right at eye level on the top section when it is in the up position.

I then went with the Madstad and seriously doubt that I could find anything that I like better.