sound
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sound

sound

what s that sound that we hear cruising at about 75 mph its like a kind of bell mixed with a whistle on the left side heard somewhere that could be the alternator and what can be done to solve that problem

I've never noticed that sound. Mine has a high pitched ticking on the left side at idle. Sounds like an exhaust valve or something.

Cool

Me either...all I can here is my new Cobra's !!!!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

sound

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I've never noticed that sound. Mine has a high pitched ticking on the left side at idle. Sounds like an exhaust valve or something.
    Yea,I got the ticking sound till it warms up. Can't hear it over the Rush Pipes and Radio..Lol

sound

Turn up the radio. If you break the sound barrier no problem.

IamBatmanF6B

Trademark Alternator Whine

Quote Originally Posted by fidz View Post
    what s that sound that we hear cruising at about 75 mph its like a kind of bell mixed with a whistle on the left side heard somewhere that could be the alternator and what can be done to solve that problem
    It is the alternator. This isn't a problem and it is the coupler driving the alternator making that sound if I remember correctly.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    The ticking sound is normal, it's your fuel injectors. NOT valves ticking.

When I rode my the last time, up to the dealer to be inspected for lightning damage, it was as quiet as an electric motorcycle. I couldn't hear a darn tick, squeek, or growl out of the entire bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    When I rode my the last time, up to the dealer to be inspected for lightning damage, it was as quiet as an electric motorcycle. I couldn't hear a darn tick, squeek, or growl out of the entire bike.
    See, there's a bright side to everything!

Quote Originally Posted by fidz View Post
    fidz, I don't hear anything the way you describe it on mine, but as a suggestion why don't you record the sound with your phone or something similar if you're able at that speed, and play it back for the dealer/service dept. Maybe the dealer/service dept. has an explanation for it.

Let us know the result.