New BMW Bagger Model - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New BMW Bagger Model

Anyone want to guess on the price ???

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Anyone want to guess on the price ???
    Twice as much as half of it?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    You don't need a 160 ponys if it is going to fall on its face at 101 mph. Your going to get passed. It's no longer a Bagger once you add a tale trunk.
    101 mph is pretty low. But for me, it is all about the acceleration. The shear thrill of it and its use in effortless passing.

I haven't been over 100 probably more than a couple of times in the last 20 years. It's not just the obvious danger, but the risk of getting caught. I guess losing my license as a youngster has left a permanent mark.

Still, 101mph is surprisingly low. I've never had the urge to test the 124mph limit (not since I was about 20).
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    BMW reviewers are quick to forget that the Honda B has been in this ring for a few years already. With multiple color schemes including Yellow.

BMW's color code for this might be Ale (post ingested) Yellow BTW.

I'm glad Honda has taken the fork in the road away from the Bagger Scene and changed up the Goldwing. In my opinion the Goldwing is now the much nicer looking motorcycle of the two.

As an aside the trend in automotive for 2018 forward seems to be adding more trim levels than ever to the base models. I understand that Chevrolet has 12 trim levels with unique names for each level for their trucks next year.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by bigswole31 View Post
    I expect that these limitations are set per territory. I don't think the speed limiter kicks in this early on US models. Hornblower has one, I believe, so he can confirm.
    No such limitation on my 2018 K1600B. Purportedly, the KB will do 128 mph in 4th gear at the rev limit so top speed in 6th would be ridiculous. I can't attest to that personally .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Then there's this. 200 horsepower sport tourer

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...15-fast-facts/

"Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    101 mph is pretty low. But for me, it is all about the acceleration. The shear thrill of it and its use in effortless passing.

I haven't been over 100 probably more than a couple of times in the last 20 years. It's not just the obvious danger, but the risk of getting caught. I guess losing my license as a youngster has left a permanent mark.

Still, 101mph is surprisingly low. I've never had the urge to test the 124mph limit (not since I was about 20).
    I agree. Top end around here will kill you real quick. But I love taking off from a stop light and watching EVERYTHING disappear in my mirrors.

...Then I immensely enjoy the astonished looks of drivers around me as they pull up next to me; at the next stoplight.

Rinse. Repeat.

My past Carpenter Racing 240hp enhanced Triumph Rocket 3 was reaaaaaaly good for that

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Nice, JimmyTee! I've heard it said that all 1000cc inline 4 cylinder bikes have pretty offensive vibration. I know my Ninja 1000 did. The vibration started around 5000 RPM and grew worse from there. My S1000XR also had noticeable vibration starting around 5000 RPM but once you got past 6000 RPM or so, it smoothed out. Anyway, this new 200 HP Ninja Sport Tourer should be quite the beast but a little too "sporty" for this old guy.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I agree. Top end around here will kill you real quick. But I love taking off from a stop light and watching EVERYTHING disappear in my mirrors.

...Then I immensely enjoy the astonished looks of drivers around me as they pull up next to me; at the next stoplight.

Rinse. Repeat.

My past Carpenter Racing 240hp enhanced Triumph Rocket 3 was reaaaaaaly good for that

Cool looking bike. I test rode a r3 roadster and although I liked it and thought it was a cool bike, that giant radiator up front made it seem like you were sitting behind a heat gun.
    How was the 240hp version?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    Cool looking bike. I test rode a r3 roadster and although I liked it and thought it was a cool bike, that giant radiator up front made it seem like you were sitting behind a heat gun.
    How was the 240hp version?

Jason
    It got to the point where I became leery of it. Traded it in for the F5B. Before it killed me...

I remember the first couple of times I rode it after Carpenter did his work on it... the acceleration was so brutal; I had a hard time keeping my feet on the floorboards.

That flyshield btw, was custom made by a bloke in England. One of a kind. I named that bike "Hell on Wheels"...

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537