sound - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sound

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Behind the front tire holding the lower engine fairing on are 4 chrome button head 5mm bolts. Make sure they are tight. I bet the left inner one is loose. Have seen this on 3 different bikes now. Makes a very strange wind noise on the left side of the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by fidz View Post
    what s that sound that we hear cruising at about 75 mph its like a kind of bell mixed with a whistle on the left side heard somewhere that could be the alternator and what can be done to solve that problem
    fidz, I don't hear anything the way you describe it on mine, but as a suggestion why don't you record the sound with your phone or something similar if you're able at that speed, and play it back for the dealer/service dept. Maybe the dealer/service dept. has an explanation for it.

Let us know the result.

Quote Originally Posted by fidz View Post
    what s that sound that we hear cruising at about 75 mph its like a kind of bell mixed with a whistle on the left side heard somewhere that could be the alternator and what can be done to solve that problem
    This is a wild guess but if it's a whistly noise then it may be the hole that's under the ball at the end of the left clutch lever. I had an irritating noise coming from there when the wind would hit it just right. I finally figured out that's where it was coming from. Next time you hear it hold your finger on that hole and see if it goes away. I put some sealer in there and the noise is gone now.