Santa came early - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Santa came early

No problem here you go on the pic fix.
    Attachment 25030Attachment 25029

I'm envious... my red 2013 is still on a truck somewhere between Kansas and California.
    I'm really hoping to see it before the next weekend (not likely). I have Friday and Monday off, and I'd love to spend a four-day-weekend on the bike.

Sweet, thanks for the fix yellow rex. The name is appropriate. I call mine Godzilla.

JMartin - ha, patience is a virtue. I once did a trade with a guy up in NY. He shipped a Sprint ST out to me and the shipper would call me every other day telling me where he was. I was like a kid on Christmas waiting for it. Hopefully it will come by Friday. I read the thread on your rental.

I might look to add some highway pegs and maybe a Vista throttle lock before I go ride on a weekend trip. Weather is nice here so I will probably take the Interceptor out tomorrow. It is feeling neglected.

Cool

to the board !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    won't be able to back out of an incline.
    It's heavy, but most of the weight is down low. If you've got boots with a good tread on them you can lean a little weight over on to one side while holding the bars to dig your foot in a little harder. If your foot slips you'll need to be quick to get it back in place to keep the bike up, but if it falls over it'll probably just land on the generous tip-over bars.
    OTOH, your original idea is best, this method will work in a pinch though.
    Warm enough to ride here but the roads are a salty mess! Still piles of it at intersections after crazy ice event a week ago.
    Have a blast!

My Red Sled

Sent this as a Christmas Card...

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    Sent this as a Christmas Card...

Great shot my friend...I am from the Denver area and truly miss Colorado and the mountains...Sister lives outside Boulder and I visit there when I can....At almost 77 years old now, I doubt we will ever move back, but I have grown to love Michigan....Have a nice and Happy New Year and enjoy your ride.....Regards

Sharkey that is a Cee Baily wind screen.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    Sharkey that is a Cee Baily wind screen.
    Ha, you are quite helpful. I like it better than the stock one I rode on a test ride. Trying to decide if I need something more or if it is good enough. I need to ride some more to decide.

I'm 5'4 and know the Mustang seat is lower but I found the OEM seat pretty comfy and didn't think it was too wide so I'm gonna keep it. I also saw the Rivco Flip Out highway pegs online and really like the looks so that might be a future purchase. I asked the wife about floorboards and she said she was happy with the pegs or putting her feet on the crashbars, go figure.

backing up

hello Sharkey. I am 5'4" as well. Just as an idea, it is easier to move the f6b while standing beside it than after climbing aboard. Fortunately I haven't needed to yet.

Mike