Any alternatives to Rivco Floorboards?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any alternatives to Rivco Floorboards?

Any alternatives to Rivco Floorboards?

Hey, looking for nice looking black floor boards for my '15 black/gray B. Rivco makes a nice set, but a little pricey at $250. Does anyone know of an more reasonable alternative?

Attachment 25100

Used full GL1800 Wing take offs and a raddle can.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Used full GL1800 Wing take offs and a raddle can.
    Yep, the Wing take offs with some black Plastic dip spray also look nice and bolt right on. I got a chrome set off an anniversary model Goldwing with an gold eagle on them which you can see in the pic.
    I have $120 total in parts, spray can of black Plastic dip and a spray can of hi-temp gray for the heat shields which I painted when I installed the black Jekill & Hyde adjustable exhaust system.
    RT_close_f6b.jpg

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Yep, the Wing take offs with some black Plastic dip spray also look nice and bolt right on. I got a chrome set off an anniversary model Goldwing with an gold eagle on them which you can see in the pic.
    I have $120 total in parts, spray can of black Plastic dip and a spray can of hi-temp gray for the heat shields which I painted when I installed the black Jekill & Hyde adjustable exhaust system.
    Attachment 25104
    Larry hit it on the head, the take offs seem to be the best way to go.
    They paint up great with a lite scrub before paint.

Wing take offs - Great Idea

Where can I get them?

Quote Originally Posted by DocF6B View Post
    Where can I get them?
    If you can't find newer take-offs, there are used ones in various conditions on e-bay all the time. If you can find ones with the detent ball and plate still on them (this holds them in the folded position) that's good. If not, the parts are readily available from Honda. I paid less than $75 for mine. Cleaned everything up, polished the metal frame and mount with a felt polishing wheel and some polishing compound, and used Rustoleum black "wrinkle finish" spray paint for the plastic cover. They look and work great.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    If you can't find newer take-offs, there are used ones in various conditions on e-bay all the time. If you can find ones with the detent ball and plate still on them (this holds them in the folded position) that's good. If not, the parts are readily available from Honda. I paid less than $75 for mine. Cleaned everything up, polished the metal frame and mount with a felt polishing wheel and some polishing compound, and used Rustoleum black "wrinkle finish" spray paint for the plastic cover. They look and work great.
    Just saw this listing for brand new ones on e-bay. $109.00 !! They are for the Valkyrie, but from what I understand they are a perfect fit for the F6b. Maybe someone else can confirm. What a buy. Also saw several used listing as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-...9Th4Qj&vxp=mtr

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    Just saw this listing for brand new ones on e-bay. $109.00 !! They are for the Valkyrie, but from what I understand they are a perfect fit for the F6b. Maybe someone else can confirm. What a buy. Also saw several used listing as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-...9Th4Qj&vxp=mtr
    Those are the ones I put on my F6B. Fit perfectly and look great. Got them at my local Honda dealer.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Thank you! - great deal

Fantastic! I confirmed they are the same part and will have in a week or so, great price!

black Plastic dip?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Attachment 25104
    BIGLRY- Thanks for this tip, as I mentioned, my floorboards are on their way. But I need to paint them black and you said you used black plastic dip, what is that, where can I get it, and what color is the best match?

Thanks, Scott