Arkansas Rides - Looking for Advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arkansas Rides - Looking for Advice

Thanks Bigcityd!

I will definitely check out trip advisor. I actually use that a lot in my travels to the Caribbean. I ordered the Butler Map for the Ozarks. I have done a decent amount of riding through the Smokey Mountains (Tail of the Dragon, Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherohala Skyway to name a few) but never used a Butler Map. Looking forward to it on this trip. Thanks gain for the St Louis and Nashville advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmobile View Post
    Thanks Bigcityd!

I will definitely check out trip advisor. I actually use that a lot in my travels to the Caribbean. I ordered the Butler Map for the Ozarks. I have done a decent amount of riding through the Smokey Mountains (Tail of the Dragon, Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherohala Skyway to name a few) but never used a Butler Map. Looking forward to it on this trip. Thanks gain for the St Louis and Nashville advice.
    I think the Butler Maps are pretty Good!! They give you a color code of the roads, then you can connect those to make your routes.

Some of the other sources I've seen use too much of what I call auto routes for getting through the Ozarks that can be clogged with traffic which results in no fun. I think one of the things that makes the Ozarks unique is the possibility of getting off the beaten track and for the most part staying off of it. Plus the roads are better there.
    Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Pirellie SnowControl Serie 3 Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Pirelli Centurato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Full Traxxion
    Darkside #623 - 221,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
    IBA # 42128