See there, there's all sorts of great ideas for rides.

Here's one follow up to the Gettysburg ride www.gettysburgbikeweek.com/[/url] idea, but that does lock us into a specific date and it wouldn't happen until July. Who's up for it then?

An earlier ride could be planned for either our usual meeting spot at the I-84 PA border rest stop around March 26 weather permitting. That's about when we started planning last year. We finally got the ride in around middle May. If it is planned for the cool early season I would recommend heading south (it could mean a 5 to 10 degree difference) back down to the Apple Pie bakery for danish at the Water Gap then on up to the Hotel for dinner. Then again I don't know how much weight an F6B can carry.

If it's later in the season or warmer head north up 97 as suggested by Dan. I like the way he thinks he mentioned a number of eateries we could test ride. It is a good thing we ride the bikes we ride.

As was mentioned there is a place out in western PA marketed as the "PA Grand Canyon" (due a Google) on rt 6. That one would have to be an overnight-er. But it could be combined with a stop at the state Elk park. Google!

Another overnight-er might be up into the Finger lakes region. However there might be some wine drinking involved.

One of my planned rides this year will be up to Laconia for bike week and then continue up to Mount Washington for a picnic around June 13.

OK, who's up for what and what dates should we start to planning for?