Where too in the NE?? - Page 12
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Where too in the NE??

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    I can not make Sunday's ride, my plans got interrupted by the medical field. Hope to be up and running soon. Enjoy the ride, post some pics of what I'm missing.

I hope it's nothing serious Jeff, and your back at it quickly.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    I'm still in.

Wayne, let me know when your passing thru Danbury ( I think last time was 8:30 maybe? ) . We can meet at the gas station off exit #8 of I84 again. If I remember you will have 170 miles or so and need fuel to make PA anyway.
    I'd love to...8:30 will be tight. I need to leave at 5:30...you're 3 hours away. I hope the roads will be dry. I could book it and not hold you up.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I'd love to...8:30 will be tight. I need to leave at 5:30...you're 3 hours away. I hope the roads will be dry. I could book it and not hold you up.
    8:30 - 9:00 what ever time you can get there is fine. Won't leave without you.

We met there before but just to confirm
    Interstate 84 Exit #8 in Danbury. At the end of the ramp you will see a Mobil and right next to it a Global. The Global has inside seating and a coffee shop so I will wait at the Global.
    From there it is 80 miles to the PA line (about 1 hr 20 min.)

203-733-five five eight eight ... if anything comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxed View Post
    If Sunny there on Sunday i'm in
    Same thing for you ED

Interstate 84 Exit #8 in Danbury. At the end of the ramp you will see a Mobil and right next to it a Global. The Global has inside seating and a coffee shop so I will wait at the Global.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post

203-733-five five eight eight ... if anything comes up.
    thanks...done deal. Pressure is on Bob now to make this happen

thanks...done deal. Pressure is on Bob now to make this happen
    I feel pressure!! Oh, Oh, Oh, AAAH, That's a relief. Thank God it was only Gas. Senior diapers are expensive $

I won't make the final decision. I'll leave it up to those that have to travel the furthest. For me I only have to fall out of bed and ride 39 minutes in the morning chill to be there.

For guidance I will only offer the local forecast for Sunday. The morning temp will be around 32 degrees by the meeting time 10:30 am temp should be in the lower 40's warming up to 54 if sunny shows up as predicted in the early afternoon.

Now please state the mileage you'll be traveling and if you really want to do this!

The 9th will be the other option.

I'm ready to ride over 4 hours to get there with no heated gear. Mother Nature might have other ideas. It's supposed to precipitate maybe until close to midnight. I hope it leaves clear roads seeing as I have to roll out at 5:30. Let it go, I'll make every effort to make it. I want to very badly. I always said not to postpone on my account. Dan will get a message if I can't do it.

Dan...if you don't hear from me, I'm rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    ........Now please state the mileage you'll be traveling and if you really want to do this!

The 9th will be the other option.
    275 miles. With the expected near freezing temps, water, ice, salt, and sand; I will have to pass on this one.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Is this a contest? 239 for me....Delta wins

I'm ready to ride over 4 hours to get there with no heated gear. Mother Nature might have other ideas. It's supposed to precipitate maybe until close to midnight. I hope it leaves clear roads seeing as I have to roll out at 5:30. Let it go, I'll make every effort to make it. I want to very badly. I always said not to postpone on my account. Dan will get a message if I can't do it.

Dan...if you don't hear from me, I'm rolling.

I only have 80 mi or so to get to the meeting place and understand some of you folks have much cooler temps and possibly wet roads to ride to get out of your home town, so I will be watching the responses and keep an eye on my phone for messages !!!

I have never not ridden on a Sunday as long as it is DRY and over 35 deg so if this doesn't happen I will still be riding Sunday, instead of PA I will ride to NY to meet the usual bunch at 9am in NY and head up 22 for lunch in Copake NY.