Where too in the NE?? - Page 14
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Where too in the NE??

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    You boys have been leaning too far forward in the foxhole with riding expectations this early in the year; up here... but the season is now getting ready to break
    It's all I got Will....any planned ride I can't make kills me. I was willing to freeze, but not get my bike full of salt.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    You boys have been leaning too far forward in the foxhole with riding expectations this early in the year; up here... but the season is now getting ready to break
    March is the only Month I did not ride this entire winter. Even today I will ride, just now I will wait until 9am before heading out.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    It's all I got Will....any planned ride I can't make kills me. I was willing to freeze, but not get my bike full of salt.
    What's the matter with a little more salt in your diet? You could have left your bike outside. There's supposed to be a real down pour on Tuesday. It would have left your bike squeaky clean by your stated standards.

It's 9 am here and I got Dan's call. The temp is already 42 degrees and very sunny. The forecast has been updated, temperature at the bakery will be 65 by noon and sunny all day. I guess I mite as well go directly there.

Oh well, I'll have to eat your croissant this week.

Now about next week, the 9th. Who's in?

This could get very fattening!!

I'm in again. Another repeat of last year. I told Dan it was going to great if we could have gotten there.

I managed 130 today despite the salt laid down this morning. I'll decide next week about this trip. 32 degrees is extremely cold for me to ride 4 hours in. I didn't warm up today until it hit 50.

Should I NOT say that so far the 9th looks to be very nice with temps in the low 60s.

I won't mention that liquid sunshine in fear it may be like beetlejuice. Say it too many time and it appears.

I hope to see this ride work out for this Sunday
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Should I NOT say that so far the 9th looks to be very nice with temps in the low 60s.

I won't mention that liquid sunshine in fear it may be like beetlejuice. Say it too many time and it appears.

I hope to see this ride work out for this Sunday
    I was trying to remain silent....looks good starting Sunday and right through Wednesday. Lets hope it sticks.

Yesterday, Monday, I took a little ride down to, Allentown, to the Cycle Gear shop. It was already 52 degrees and sunny when I left the mountain. By the time I got to the low lands it was 64. By the time I got my shopping done it was 66.
    It was much too sunny to go home so I took a ride to "NO where"!
    By the time I got home the tank was empty, there was another 220 miles on the clock and I was out the $14.00 it took to fill it back up.

And no I hadn't bought a damn thing, the helmet I went for didn't fit and nothing else interest me, but I still couldn't get the smile off my face.

It must be spring!

Seems like it's taking forever, but bright spots are showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Seems like it's taking forever, but bright spots are showing up.
    You mean like next Monday's and Tuesday's forecasted report putting the temps in the 70's. Damn, I'm going to have to go look in the closet for my formal T-shirts.
    Today's forecast is only for 65. But with rain forecasted for tomorrow I better go spend another $14.00 this afternoon.

Do you think it would help your mood, if I said it looks like salt water rain on Sunday?