Trump & veterans
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump & veterans

Trump & veterans

After watching Trump belittle McCain I truly fear my veterans benefits.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Unfortunately, McCain has "political issues" and fortunately, Trump's behavior towards him is not just President elect to a common veteran.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I have the utmost respect for McCain and he has served his country well....but there comes a time in all of our lives when it is time to "step down", disappear into the sunset and enjoy what is left of your life..He needs to do this, as does the Hildabeast!!!..JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    After watching Trump belittle McCain I truly fear my veterans benefits.
    Can I get the draft of the belittling in question? I went down this road with a coworker once before if it is the same material.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

The individuals that put their lives on the line to advance freedom don't deserve criticism.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Well I was hoping for some specifics, but I will just as respectfully say I disagree with that as a whole.

Duke Cunningham was a big hero of mine growing up. Nobody badder than him other Chuck Yeager and Audie Murphy in my book. But Duke is not a hero today.

Please do not misunderstand that I am equating McCain to Duke, but the premise that someone is untouchable or is above reproach doesn't fly with me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Well I was hoping for some specifics, but I will just as respectfully say I disagree with that as a whole.

Duke Cunningham was a big hero of mine growing up. Nobody badder than him other Chuck Yeager and Audie Murphy in my book. But Duke is not a hero today.

Please do not misunderstand that I am equating McCain to Duke, but the premise that someone is untouchable or is above reproach doesn't fly with me.
    Trump said something to the effect of "John McCain is a hero because he got captured, I like guys that didn't get captured!"

Being ex-Navy myself I used to be very pro McCain. Did you know he was on the USS Forestall when the Navy had its biggest accident ever? McCain was sitting in his jet on the flight deck when a plane across from him was being loaded with bombs. One of the bombs fell off of that plane and it launched itself across the flight deck, hitting McCains plane (he somehow survived that snafu) and sparking one of the biggest disasters in Navy history (often referred to as the USS Forest Fire) That, along him being a POW for however many years gave me huge respect for the man. But now he's on TV always being first in line to suggest bombing the shit out of another country has made me weary of his war mongering. JMHO.

Why don't you just find exactly what he said instead of alluding and in effecting. I'm not defending Trump one bit in this, but rather teaching that you are being programmed by out of context editorial. Trump does not consider being shot down as a heroic event, the bonehead baiting Trump said it was. So the childish back and forth began. McCain is the first to admit he wasn't a very good A4 driver and if he had worked harder he may not have been shot down. But Trump has never alluded to him being a loser, never. He actually considers what he did for his fellow prisoners a heroic event in not being let out of prison earlier because he was the son of a Senator. Charlie wanted to use McCain as a propaganda tool and he beat them at their game at the cost of his physical abailities for the rest of his life.

Now as a politician I find McCain to be a weasel. Doesn't mean I don't respect his military career. But you want to be spineless against obama, then you have to pay a political price. Sorry, facts is facts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Why don't you just find exactly what he said instead of alluding and in effecting
    Here is the exact quote: “He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

Gee, you got me there. Guess I should get my facts straight.

Here's the rest of the facts in case you're interested:
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...aptured-120317

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    Here is the exact quote: “He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

Gee, you got me there. Guess I should get my facts straight.

Here's the rest of the facts in case you're interested:
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...aptured-120317
    Trump is an interesting character. He forces me to look at events or situations from a different viewpoint.

Simply on the face of it: why does being captured automatically make you a hero? Being captured only helps your enemies. Same thing with NATO. We put the bulk of $$ into that organization, while other countries skate by with little financial contribution.

Trump looks at these Free Trade deals which aren't really free, and says we need to renegotiate them. 'Experts' say 'but...but...that's how we've always done trade negotiations.'

Trump ran a very unconventional campaign. All the experts said he wasn't serious. Chris Wallace toured his campaign headquarters and there was only like 1 or 2 people working. Wallace was flabbergasted and queried Trump about it. Trump said that he didnt like to waste money. He'd hire more when he needed to.

I'm looking forward to Trump's approach. He is a character unlike any President I've seen in my lifetime. But I'll voice my concerns (for what their worth) if Trump goes back on his word (on major stuff, I don't care about minutiae).